[[Template core/global/plugins/realFaviconGenerator does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]] Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

TTR125 Camshaft

Hi I would like to know if you get the BBR camshaft does it give your bike lots more power and is it worth getting if you have the money. Should I get it with out the big bore kit. I really olny want the camshaft and not the big bore kit. Can some one tell me that has a camshaft in there bike do you really notice any power increase it all. Thanks :)

I personally would go with the 150 big bore kit with cam. The whole kit with cam cost like $439. There's really no use to buy just the cam. Yes, it will give the bike a little more power, but if you really want to see a huge increase of power, then go with the big bore kit and cam! :)

the hotcams cam is at least as good.. If you want to save $ go with this cam, open up the airbox/exhaust and jet as it describes on ttr125l.com and you have < 200 bucks into the thing. the big bore kit will probably double the performance of just the cam though.

yes.. it will help the bike.. but if you have the money definately do the whole thing at once.. bbr bbk with cam. other companies make good stuff, but with bbr you can keep all your stock stuff like the cylinder and all. there is a gold bbr bbk on ebay for 370 buy it now. i have bought many things from that company selling it, and they are awesome.. bbr also quit painting the bigbore kits for somereason. and there is also a silver one on ebay for only 315. i would buy the gold one, just so i could prove i had it :)

Yes,, bottom end is pretty nice that way too. It won't overrev any better than stock though. I'd guess that a dyno would show a 2+ hp gain from about 3k to 6k but even out after that. You would feel the difference but right where you would expect something to really happen it would sign off. My original post about opening up the airbox and hot cams cam would probably do as much as the big bore kit without cam.

thats what i thought as well, hart i was wondering what type of riding you do with you ttr....and have you tried the bbk with stock cam on your bike?