Sign in to follow this  

Alabama rides

Hello all, just got my first bike (yz250f 03) and was wondering if some of you would like to get a ride together sometime in the next month or so. Either at the ridge or kentuck. If anyone is interested lets do it.

Have a good day,

Ryan

Where are you from? and where do you normally ride at? This may sound dumb, but where is the ridge? We are still trying to find out some good tracks to practice on in either south alabama or southern mississippi.

Im in mobile and i have an old rt180 buti m getting a crf150, there is a track in irvington, Its right across the street for mobile inernationsl speedway if you know where that is. They race every sarurday and the gates open at 8 for practice. I think they practice sunday also. It 10 bucks to get in all day practice ride is all the trails, and then i think an extra 20 to race, you can come and go as you please, you just have to show them ur wrist band

Im in mobile and i have an old rt180 buti m getting a crf150, there is a track in irvington, Its right across the street for mobile inernationsl speedway if you know where that is. They race every sarurday and the gates open at 8 for practice. I think they practice sunday also. It 10 bucks to get in all day practice ride is all the trails, and then i think an extra 20 to race, you can come and go as you please, you just have to show them ur wrist band
yeah, thats is where we race & practice @ now, he was in the last weekend race there. thanks for the reply.

ryan, i live close to the kentuck park. would love to go riding with you. give me a call at 256-601-9631 anytime. 2005 yamaha wr250f

Jeffwr250f,

That sounds great. I am counting the days until kentuck opens. However this Sat. (5th) I will be heading up to the ridge (ridgeriding.com) in springville to ride with a few tter's. I hope the weather is going to be good. I have been wanting to ride the ridge and everytime I plan a trip the forcast is rain. Is there anyone else headed up there Saturday? Well hope to see some of you there. I will be in a red montero sport with a bike hauler. I have a 03' yzf250. See ya soon.

Ryan

if the weather pans out just right this weekend i might be there, i drive a red festiva (a box with wheels) and a homeade trailor. i have a 05 wr 250, look for me down that way!!

I have family things going on Saturday but I'll be going to the ridge on Sunday (3/6) with my son. I will be driving a bronze Pontiac Montana pulling a rail trailer. The bikes will be a white DR350 and a red XR100.

Greg

Jeffwr250,

Hey man I was there Saturday. I was in a red montero sport. I got there about 10:30 and I was the last car in the parking lot. I had a GREAT time. I met 600ish from this forum and we rode all day. I was VERY impressed with the trails. The track was nice also. I didnt go on the big mx track but did hit the small mx track for a few laps. Had fun, just like trails better. Man that place is BIG. We rode til 5 and probably only saw 20% of the trails. The creek crossings and hill climbs were GREAT! I had a friend that went and fished at the catfish pond all day. It was a great day of riding. I wish I had seen you out there. 600ish showed me around all the trails. He has been there like 6 or 7 times. Awesome guy. Well maybe when kentuck opens we can meet up. I am going to be there around the 1st of April as soon as they open up. Well if anyone is close to the ridge and have not gone you are missing out. You need to check the place out. Great views, lots of creeks, good tracks, friendly owners, and GREAT trails.

Later,

Ryan

yea i had a blast there to. i parked over next to the middle mx track. i rode it constantly after it was open to the bigger bikes. that is by far the best place to ride around in this area. i have never been to kentuck so i cant say much for that area. march 26 a bunch of my friends and me are gonna try to go and have a little party at the ridge, nothing fancy just some hotdogs and hamburgers and a lot of riding. you are more than welcome to join us. i will look for you there!!