Sign in to follow this  

Need a Rear Fender

Ok, it seems no one has an old factory rear fender laying around for a KLX300, so my next question is where the best place to buy a new one is.

Also, has anyone damage the rear sub-frame on their KLX300 and how did you fix it? I am talking about the two metal bars that run up from the main frame to hold the rear fender in place.

Hope everyone is doing better than me, :)

Ted

Hey there,

I do have a stock rear fender if you're interested and yes I have damaged my subframe, but some bending and welding fixes her right up.

Let me know if you are interested in the rear fender. Email me directly if so.

Take care. Was this a mishap on a tail dragging attempt?

One of our KLX's had subframe damage when we bought it. The previous owners solution? Cut off the bent parts and put on a MX fender and do a little welding. Actually, it worked out OK.

KLXMonkey,

I am defiantly interested in the fender. What kind of shape is it in? Do you have any pics?

As for the accident, I was jumping a trail. There is a place in northern CA called Carnegie, which is famous for its hills. Well, the trails traverse the hills and make great jumps and sometimes when you land on the up hill side of a jump it is fun to ride a willie the rest of the way up. I just happen to over extend the willie. When I realized that I went too far I pushed the bike away with my right leg and stepped off with my left. A torn ACL, MCL and Meniscus is the result. Ya live and ya learn.

I can't complain I have been riding since I was six and this is the worse I have ever been hurt. KNOCK ON WOOD!!!!!