Sign in to follow this  

Anyone use the Michelin Desert tire?

I'm told this is a relatively new tire. but it looks like it could be a great DOT tire. Especially the front. I need something with more bite in the sand for Michigan, and I'm was thinking of going NON-DOT to get better performance. but this thing has me thinking... it's pricey though. :)

http://two-wheels.michelin.com/2w/front/affich.jsp?codeRubrique=2092004112852&codePage=2092004112852_09092004172723〈=EN

And another alternative... Also pricey. :)

http://two-wheels.michelin.com/2w/front/affich.jsp?codeRubrique=2092004112852&codePage=2092004112852_09092004173719〈=EN

Yes the pair of best tires in the world. I was kill few pairs of them. Exellent in rocky - sand condition but slip im muddy wet conditions. Bulletproof and can resist in hard higway use about 10 000km. My tires was from Dakar pilots - little used :)

I just put a rear baja on. I tested it out last Saturday morning in the clay and sand pits near by. Had a blast and the tire griped up very well,.. I would say better the the dunlop 606. Unfortunely, my now ex-girlfriend thought it would be a good Idea to slash it Saturday night after a little spat we had.

:)

I just put a rear baja on. I tested it out last Saturday morning in the clay and sand pits near by. Had a blast and the tire griped up very well,.. I would say better the the dunlop 606. Unfortunely, my now ex-girlfriend thought it would be a good Idea to slash it Saturday night after a little spat we had.

You're kidding.

Glad you dumped her. Take it from first hand experiance, life is too short for psycho-bitch women.

While it sometimes may seem otherwise :) NOT ALL WOMEN ARE LIKE THAT. A normal woman would never slash your tires.

Is she related to a certain figure skating turned prof celeb boxer hubcap

lady we all like to remember K.O.ing Nancy Kerrigan???? :)

No joke,

I just had that tire put on last week too.

Oh well,.. live and learn.

...Unfortunely, my now ex-girlfriend thought it would be a good Idea to slash it Saturday night after a little spat we had.

At least you saw the damage before going out for a ride. A friend of mine once sprayed down her boyfriend's GSXR tires with Armour All in order to get a little attention :)

actually,

I started her up and attempted to go for a ride,.. I was fish tailing and the rear wasn't grabing.

Obviously I didn't make it very far.

x girl of two years ago tried to have her boyfriend run me off the road... Its all over now good riddens

rear the post: Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere...

Luckily I would up with a girl whos got a million things in common with me. Is a growing Christian...I'll probably marry her. Shes sleeping on the couch next to me right now. :)

I used to run Desert fronts and Baja rears on my XR650R with really good results. The rear Desert has slightly shorter knobs than some off road tyres but it makes up for it in terms of wear.