Sign in to follow this  

keeping mud off tires

i went riding in the mud and so much got stuck on my tires it would actually rub the forks and swing arm, is there any way to keep mud off your tires? Ive heard of spraying them with PAM but that didn't work, any other suggestions?

Pam works a little on fenders and such, not tires. The only way to keep the tires cleaner is to ride faster so the knobs can clean themselves by throwing out the mud. If they get so full of mud they are rubbing you need to stop and clean some out by hand or risk burning up your clutch.

pin it!

thats a technique i've heard when riding mud... idea is your tire will sling the mud and get more bite and the wheel spin wheel also keep the tire on top

what do you do when your in a section that doesn't allow much speed, would never get going again if you stop and cant pin it risking making a rut and getting stuck?

what do you do when your in a section that doesn't allow much speed, would never get going again if you stop and cant pin it risking making a rut and getting stuck?

Try supermotard...

:)

smwheelie.jpg

David

Ride thru, speed up when you can or stop and clear them by hand when you get to a better section.