Sign in to follow this  

New FMF "Q" Exhaust question?

HI guys,

Just installed a new FMF Q exhaust and Powerbomb header on my 04 wr250f and is it normal for it to keep smoking after shutting off the engine?

also, I have done all the free mods, throttle stop,snorkal out,left side panel cut, and grey wire disconected. jetting is stock. I did get a pilot jet, and two main jets in a package when I got the bike. should I install the pilot and jet? needle clip position? (It bogs when whicking throttle) or wait and see how the bike runs? thanks. :)

Check the FMF site for jetting suggestions fmfracing.com.

As for the smoking I wouldn't worry, yet, probably just some oil, grease or whatnot burning off the pipe :)

It's normal. Often, pipe companies put some sort of plastic layer on the inside of the pipe to protect it when shipping. Especially overseas. They do the same think with their cars. If you ever test drive a new car from Japan, they smell and smoke durring the first 30 miles like you wouldn't believe. As for the jetting, I would leave it stock unless you have a bad pop or wet spot off idle once the bike is warm. But since it's a Q pipe, I wouldn't worry they are just a little more powerful than an uncorked stock one. And since the WR was meant to run uncorked, I'm sure it's fine.