Under mount steering dampner....

I have been searching for some time for a good undermount steering dampner mounting bracket for the Huskys, but to no avail. I had the BRP over mount but I wanted something cleaner like their SUBmount and that raised the bars a bit higher.

But I just founds these guys. They do make one for the newer Huskys. I had a good conversation with one of the owners and she will be getting back with me to let me know if their mount is offset, And how much forward or back from center. But the pieces look very nice on their web site and the price is very fair.

http://www.ptenduro.com/under.htm

I will let everyone know the details when I get them but assuming that everything is a go, I will be getting two for the TE450 and CR125 and then just share a Scotts dampner between the two bikes.

But if your interested give them a call. I don't think they have had other request for their mount for the Huskys but I think they haven't gotten the right exposure.

William

Santa Cruz, Ca

WILLIAM YOU ARE A FREAKING GENIUS> I love ya man. ( no gay thing :o ) JUST PURE JOY. I CALLED THEM> THEY make that thing for the STOCK bars.

NOW I HAVE MY BAR RISER SOLUTION and that is a very clean set up for a future stabilizer too......... I'm so STOKED ???:D:D:D?

Thanks

- Big bob

Big bob,

Just doing my job 8-)

Just spoke with Robin at Pro-Tect the dampner mount is 6.7mm froward of center or 1.7mm forward of stock flipped to the forward setting. I figure that will be about right.

So I will be ordering two for my Huskys.

They can also anodise them for about $10 more.

William

So last week I ordered two under mount clamps for the TE450 and CR125,

http://www.ptenduro.com/under.htm

They should be here in a couple weeks. They are able to Hard anodize which I am also considering for duribility. But the machined silver will match the stock triple clamp nicely.

This will be great on the TE450 but really needed on the CR125 as it is pretty flighty.

Now I'm trying to figure which bar to use, as I want it higher but is 1 inch too much? The CR-Mid or KTM bend (same) might be good as it is 13mm lower then CR-High so I would be a net of 10-12mm higher with a few less MM of pull back.

William

Santa Cruz, Ca

Robin called to let me know that my mounts will likely be shipped off Monday!

And that she was following up on my request for hard anodizing which they can also do, in both natural color (slightly darker silver/bronze) and black. But it would take a couple extra weeks. And being the "right now" kind of guys I will take them as is.

William

Robin shipped me a under mount for my Scotts...a local welder in Baja cut and welded the standard tower to the frame and we bolted the thing together and raced with it------FREAKIN AWESOME SET UP.

I only have good things to say about my expereince with ptenduro.com -- excellent service, excellent product, fair price.

If you like to ride standing up, need a stabilizer or just some fat bars--this is the way to go ?

the bike is awesome. it WANTS to be raced. everything works better. the suspension comes into its own. the steel frame starts to flow, the brakes are smooth, and the narrow and nimble machine gets happy.

it was weird hitting the woops with the stabilizer--i just started going faster and faster doubling and tripling the giant truck woops. i'd seen guys race like that--but never been able to get to that point. it was faster to just sail over the woops than look for the mellow lines around them...

the other thing that hit me was that i wasnt exhausted after my 85 miles second section...

for the open countryside move the forks down to the first line, add the stabilizer, 16 tooth sprocket...and she is ready to run.

we had one flat and smooth section that went on for about 10 minutes...kept it pinned in 6th for 4-5 minutes at a time...valves are fine. try that on a CRFX!

cant say enough about the 510. raced Baja last weekend--and its off to Glen Helen for a Grand Prix this weekend...its a bike that can do it all.

??

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my two undermount bar mounts from Pro-Tect. It took a bit longer then expected because of a little delay in the USPS (not Pro-Tects fault) but it was worth the wait. The pieces look great and I hope to fit them up this weekend!

?action=view&current=Huskymount2.jpg

?action=view&current=Husky0001.jpg

William

3 weeks and 2 races with the under bar mount from ptenduro.com and i am very happy with it.

i had to cut a standard tower from BRP for the Scotts stabilizer and weld it to the frame-just clearing the gas cap and tank. I re-routed the radiator 'equalizer' hose 1" longer and in front of the tower as it loops over the frame.

Everything is working great.

I am a bit nervous about how all this will fit with the Clark and or IMS tanks when they come out.

Hopefullly IMS or Clark will make a tank that can handle radiator guards and a stabilizer...

ANyway ?? for the under the bars mount. Great product, great price.

• 3 months later...

a little follow up.

I had mounted my Pro Tect underbar dampener mount to my 04 CR125 a month or so ago (have yet to ride it) and just mounted the other mount to my 05 TE450. Both look great and I like that they raised the bars about 1 inch. But because of lack of time I have ridden either yet or fitted a Scotts dampener to it yet.

Robbin of Pro Tect had contacted me recently concerned about the dampener holes not lining up right. So I checked for her and it seems the alignment was off. I really wasn't worried and figured we would figure out how to fix it. But they were totally proactive and sent me a new design they seems to align correctly, and I think as a bonus, they sit about 7 or 8mm more forward. I will let everyone know how it goes when I dial in the dampener and get a sense of the new riding position.

But I wanted to give another plug to Pro Tect as they are great to work with!

?action=view&current=IMG_1876.jpg

?action=view&current=IMG_1875.jpg

?action=view&current=IMG_1870.jpg

William Ow

Santa Cruz, Ca