Sign in to follow this  

426F to a 250F(01' or 02')?

Selling my 426 to buy a 01' or 02' 250F! I am going to buy it used and was wondering what is the big difference in the two years. I know that the '01 is first year of the 250F. Anything I should be aware of between the two years. The reason for going to the 250F is I think I can been a little more agressive and the weight(fun factor). Thanks!

Thanks for the links. I do not want to get an '03, can not green sticker them here in california. Thanks for the info.

Hey Stan,

I know you said you wanted the YZ, but if you'd consider a WR, I'm thinking of going the opposite way, selling ,my 2001 WR250f and getting a YZ426.

I just put a new piston in it and the valve clearances are good. I switch the cam timing between YZ and WR depending on if i'm doing slow trails or mx.

Let me know if you are interested. I could throw in a couple of bucks for trading, if you are still leaning toward the yz. I've got mx plastic and a desert tank on it, you can see the bike at http://www.x-ion.net/sahara2004 (don't worry, ive got the blue plastic too if you're not into "bling" :) )

(You might ask why i am going the other way... I just got a CRF250 for harescrambles and mx / trails. Now, I want something for the dunes that will keep up with my brother's KX500).

BTW, I'm in west Denver.

-James

Selling my 426 to buy a 01' or 02' 250F! I am going to buy it used and was wondering what is the big difference in the two years. I know that the '01 is first year of the 250F. Anything I should be aware of between the two years. The reason for going to the 250F is I think I can been a little more agressive and the weight(fun factor). Thanks!

Get the 02. The 01 was a good first year bike, but they get better with age.....:)