Sign in to follow this  

Just got the new CR II by Extreme!

Wowwwww! Just un-crated the 05' Extreme 125. This thing is sooo sick.I got lucky and found one from the first batch. They have only made 100 of them. Second batch will be out in mid-may. All I can say is Guy Cooper did a hell of a job in the design department. Put it together last night but did not get a chance to ride it got a lit' late. I will be giving it some true testing in the next few days. I'll give yall my opinion on whats hot and whats not. Also I'll post a pic tomorrow. Peace fellas! Happy ridin' :)

soudns nice cant wait for the review and some pics thanks in advance

saweeeet! Looking forward to your reviews. We got a couple and sold them right away a few weeks ago. The guys that have em are loving them!!! Lots of improvements this year! Can't wait until the rest of them come out....lots of people are wanting them! :):)

awesome dude, how much did it cost you?

that bike is my second choice. right now i am going to get a icon 50x put a TBBK 88cc full kit, TB manual clutch, TB high volume oil pump, bars, pegs, tires, etc.

do you think i should get the extreme cr II instead? or stick with the icon?

thanks in advance

Taylor

ralph, check your PM

Taylor, Icon is a great bike! Of course I'm partial to Xtreme, but one consideration is whether or not you'll be racing.

88cc after mods, vs. 124cc right out of the crate. I don't know the cost comparison on the two either....I'm just such a motohead that speed what I look at first.

Either way, you'll have a blast I'm sure!

Heads up on the crII

Spokes were so loose after a few hours, they must have been finger tight

from the factory....The dealer has some neerve charging 'dealer prep'

Yes I know all spokes need tightning but this was well above normal...maybe cheaper steel that stretches quicker..

I should have torqued em before riding at all.

also the rear sprocket bolts were finger tight after a few hours.

all said bikes is fun and so far, well worth the money

extreme sent me 2 word files regarding valve adjustment

and pipe/oil conflict. basically..check oil in window and add oil in top valve cover.

Cool Ralf...i misread your PM and thought you said MOTO Xtreme. :) ..LOL. Being a dealer, I'd have to defend the dealer prep charge as follows....your bike shows up at the dealer in a crate, front wheel and bars not connected. THe bike has to be removed from the crate, assembled and fluids added and should be checked over before getting to you. It's not uncommon for spokes to loosen on first rides, even if tightened before riding. I about lost the wheel when I first rode my CRF250r last year!

Glad you like the bike, look forward to more reports! :) I'm getting one of the tumblers like the CRII, neutral down, 4 up. What do you think of that config? Take any time to get used to?

the 4 up shifting pattern isnt a problem.

Seems that you have to be in neutral to start it though.

rear brake is weak (I'm used to disc brakes though)

I think I'll end up bending the brake pedal...thinking about welding

a brace on it to prevent this.

I was think about wider tires. the rims look big.. maybe 3.00x12's??

I put a 6" length of inner tube on the rear of the exhaust with a band clamp to quiet it down. Its way louder than my 250exc 2-stroke,

the tubes dont last long but they help with the noise.

Hey Evan #627 - How about an update on your new CRII. I just put down a deposit on two of them and would love to get some feedback on your likes/dislikes, what did you pay, and some pics would be awsome. I'm paying $4800 OTD (for 2) and can't get them until the end of March, so some info would help my buyer's remorse. Thanks!

How is the motor?? On xtreme's website it says that this motor has the same hp and less torque as the 107. I figured that this must be a typo. Is this motor a lot faster than the 107. Will a 124 engine fit in the 107 frame??

thats got to be a typo! The CR2 is supposed to have somewhere between 120-124ccs. I've ridden a few and they definitely had more than what my 107 was like when it was stock!