Sign in to follow this  

XR 200 Problems

I just bought a 1999 XR 200. The forks and shock are both blown. They need rebuilds. I know the shock is not rebuildable. Any suggestions on what to do? Or where to get a new rear shock? Possible conversions from other models? Thanks!

Check with George at ESP. 818.951.9144. He does a rebuild / mod for the rear shock and I'm sure he can rebuild the forks as well. ESP is a great suspension shop.

I bought a replacement with spring for my 93 on ebay for 12 bucks plus shipping. Stock new was 90 MSRP. Not all years are the same, so check it out on Service Honda or other website that has the factory ficrofiche.

PD

I just bought a 1999 XR 200. The forks and shock are both blown. They need rebuilds. I know the shock is not rebuildable. Any suggestions on what to do? Or where to get a new rear shock? Possible conversions from other models? Thanks!

e-bay is the most economically way to go! Get a setup from an earlier model XR200 and you will have a couple of inches more travel plus a fully adjustable rear shock! :)