Installed Powernow valve in my truck

I installed the powernow valve on my truck ('03 Ford F150) and noticed ¼ to ½ throttle responses feel more crisp. It doesn’t seem to have that slight hesitation feel anymore when I only press the gas to ¼ of the way. I'm waiting to find out on my next fillup to see if mileage increases.

• 2 weeks later...

Update on my mileage. The acceleration at 1/4 and 1/2 throttle still feels crisp w/ no hesitation and my mileage increased 1mpg. May not be much but I was pressing the accelerator (enjoying the better response) a little more than I did before I installed the powernow. For $99 and only taking 5 minutes to install on my truck, I say it's worth it. ?

I myself think aftermarket exhaust and a K&N did the best for my truck. Stock I was getting 12 to 13 in a 1990 Dodge with a 5.9 (360CI). Added a High flow cat, 40 series Flowmaster with single 3 inch pipe from the cat back and a K&N filter. After that I got about 14 to 15. My dad did the same on his 99 F150 and said just the exhaust on it made a huge difference in towing power.

I talked to a lady at work where she installed a tornado on her 3.0 Ford Ranger and she said she didn't notice any difference. I remember dirtbikers saying how they noticed a difference in bottom and mid with the powernow and when I saw it advertised for trucks, I thought why not give it a try. If I had a tornado on hand, I would give it a try. The tornado is $30 cheaper.

Has anybody tried the "powerchip?" I talked to a parts guy at a motorcycle dealer and he said he tried the powerchip on his camaro and didn't notice any power difference. I think the powerchip costs around $400 - $450.

Austin if you want a good handheld programer for your truck try the Diablo Predator. You can change the shift points, if you have a automatic. Also it has a code reader installed so if the SES light comes on you can check it yourself. It did add a nice amount of power for the money and worked great with the AEM intake and the Magnaflow exhaust. It is a really good product and gives a little better tune than the Hypertech programer.

http://www.diablosport.com/index.php

I talked to a lady at work where she installed a tornado on her 3.0 Ford Ranger and she said she didn't notice any difference. I remember dirtbikers saying how they noticed a difference in bottom and mid with the powernow and when I saw it advertised for trucks, I thought why not give it a try. If I had a tornado on hand, I would give it a try. The tornado is $30 cheaper.

Has anybody tried the "powerchip?" I talked to a parts guy at a motorcycle dealer and he said he tried the powerchip on his camaro and didn't notice any power difference. I think the powerchip costs around $400 - $450.

Powerchips & powervalves only work with the right matching powerband, and everyone knows it's the pink ones that really work the best......

and after that it's all bearings......muffler bearings that is....

I topped off the blinker fluid and changed the oil on the flux capaciter and got 2.56789 mpg. I also noted that the throttle response really changed bi time from 1/32 to 1/16 openings. What do you guy's think of the tidye green power band with the type s muffler bearings? Also just got the type-r sticker in the mail. Were should I mount it for optimum power? ?

Update on my mileage. The acceleration at 1/4 and 1/2 throttle still feels crisp w/ no hesitation and my mileage increased 1mpg. May not be much but I was pressing the accelerator (enjoying the better response) a little more than I did before I installed the powernow. For $99 and only taking 5 minutes to install on my truck, I say it's worth it. ?

I don't know, 1 mpg improvement is pretty small. I check my fuel mileage every time I fill up and I know my car varies by a few mpg every tank.

oh man this is hilarious. i can get 1mpg just by washing my truck. the placebo affect of putting snake oil products onto cars is hilarious. i think you should put a computer fan in your intake. it'll create boost...