Sign in to follow this  

250F next week!

Well i have said i was getting it months ago, i got $400 left to pay on it so one more check from work and its mine. I havent rode one (cept in a parade where i overheated it) and i sold my WR250F so whats the power diff. Someone said the wr would hit like 80-85 top speed and the YZF hits like 60.. SO does that mean it has quicker reving motor or better acceleration. Or is the gearing just different. For woods racing what should I add, becides hand guards (a must for any woods bike). I am putting a White Brothers Carbon Pro pipe on it in a month or so, after i ride it and learn the feel of the bike. My Wr Dynod at like 28HP (something must have been wrong) friends YZ250F dynod around 33+ and was stock, mine had pipe... But I dont know, hope to get it next week.. Cant wait, whats some good tipe for new bike!! Never had a new one just used ones i got out of cycle trader

For the woods on a yz250f most guys will change the gearing but that isn't totally necissary until you get on the bike a few times. you might want to get a bigger tank if you like going on rides that are longer than 50 miles. A steering stabilizer is something you might want to look into: http://www.scottsperformance.com/indexmain.html As well if the bike is stock you will definately want to add bark busters/handguards, whatever you want to call them. Radiator guards are a good investment, and are definately cheaper than replacing/fixing a radiator. If your at high speeds or really tough obstacles (logs, big rocks, roots and stuff) you might want a skid plate. Hope that list helps ya a bit... :)

And if your riding on places like state land your going to need a spark arrestor and be under 96db for most places or 94db here in Michigan.