Sign in to follow this  

Do you insure your toys?

Do you insure yours? I've got 3 bikes and 2 quads and was interested in insuring them for theft / trailering damage mostly. Who gives the best rates for these? :)

Do you insure yours? I've got 3 bikes and 2 quads and was interested in insuring them for theft / trailering damage mostly. Who gives the best rates for these? :p

I dont own anything at the moment, but the next thing I get will be insured. I had a brand new (only had it for a few months) 2003 Honda Rancher ESP 4x4 stole out of my buddies garage. He shot a buck on the last day of rifle season a couple of seasons ago and used his cell phone to call me to come and help him get it out. We got it out a little after dark, we took it into his garage and I parked my quad in there with it. We ordered a pizza and used my friends 4-wheeler to go pick it up, got back to his home and ate. He called a buddy of ours that wanted some deer meat, and he said he'd take the deer, so we went out into his garage to load it onto my Rancher and when we walked in my 4-wheeler was gone. The garage door was open, and there were tracks leading up to the street. I called my dad, he called the cops, and we all (me, my friend, my dad, 2 cops and my brother) looked on all of the back roads and alleys and didnt find anything. It wasnt insured so it all came out of the pocket, pretty expensive but it definitely taught me a lesson. Keep on ridin'. :):)

I also learned the hard way, and it's not going to happen again!

I have my motorcycle trailer (2005) and xr400 (2004) insured on the same policy through allstate for $19 per month. Maybe not the best rate, but works for me.

This also covers me if anything happens to the bike or trailer while I am trailering the bike. I hate paying insurance, but it sure helps me sleep at night and enjoy my rides much more knowing that I am covered. We have a lot of deer and elk in my area and if I mess up my rig and trailer (bike) on the highway, I am covered.

I cannot afford a new bike, but I can afford 19 bucks a month.

Yes, all my bikes are insured for fire and theft plus liability so if somebody gets hurt on them, I have some protection. Your home owners will not cover fire or theft.

I recently got a blanket policy and even my PW50 and XR50 needed to have insurance.

I just had my 04 525 leave the trailer on the way home from Ocotillo this last weekend. 1 or both of the straps broke and it got dragged a little down the road. $2500 that Allstate is picking up. Already have the check and the new stuff on order. I'll be renewing my policy.

You would be a fool not to insure the toys. I have mine insured through American Family and it is cheap.