Sign in to follow this  

Riding In Bend, OR???

Hi guys, I just had a buddy move to Bend OR and he's thinking about getting a dirt bike. I'm from so cal so I'm not familiar with any of the NW areas. Is there any riding right in or around Bend? Any areas within an easy drive? How is the trail system up there? Mostly 2 track or a lot of TST or ??? Thanks for any help! Bill

Hey Bill. You guys can find tons of riding around Bend. There's approx. 7 official OHV areas within 30 minutes of town. In addition, you'll find tons of BLM and USFS land at your disposal to ride on. On that note, you can be riding within 10-15 of leaving your house! Bend is great. You're within 2 or so hours of the Willamette Valley (Portland, Salem, Eugene, etc) and the borders of Washington, Nevada and California. About 4 hours from Idaho and The Pacific. The Cascade mountains are 20 minutes away! Although cooler, you'll find that the weather here is somewhat simlilar to SoCal. Sunny and Dry.

I'd be happy to give you any more info if needed,

Dan

P.S. The trail systems are mostly two-way single track with some fire roads mixed in. Check this link for Central Oregon OHV info...OHV info Each OHV area link should have a small series of photos that will give you only a small taste of what's out there.

Bill, Bend area is great for riding. I love the east fork rock system. Just miles and miles of trails. Millican, China Hat, ODOT pit, Christams valley, La pine area, Etc. Im headed over spring break. Its great when its not so dusty. Enjoy. :)

Bill, I live in Redmond, Oregon just a few minutes North of Bend. I'll have to agree with all others. Central Oregon has great riding. Hundreds of miles of Forest Service and BLM roads and several disignated OHV rec areas that are well mantained with varying terrain.

Guys, thanks for the great info. :) Looks like a great place to go riding. I guess I'm going to have to go up and visit my buddy..... with my bike of course! :) Bill

Bill-

That avatar sure looks like it was taken in an area of Red Rock Canyon banned to OHVs. (Don't ask how I know!). Come on...what's the truth? Or...is that some other gur in the pic?! :)

No, that's not Red Rock Canyon. And, YES, it is me! LOL It's a spot close to Stoddard Wells in So Cal. It's on a little loop that I like to call my "Moab Tune-up" due to a lot of rock climbing, stairsteps, and other rock obstacles. An obscure little trail that few know about. I run it several times before going to Moab just to jog my memory about what's in store for me at Moab. Fun spot. I haven't ridden Red Rock canyon since I was a kid and it was legal.