Sign in to follow this  

Anyone going for Ocotillo Wells this weekend?

I'll be there from friday morning to sunday evening. We are camping off of Cahuilla Creek road, not exactly sure yet. We should have pretty good sized group. Looking forward to trying out my Service Honda 500.

I'm still planning on doing a Sunday trip out there with my neighbor. I'm hiding from the rain. Dirty Chris should be out there from Friday on, with my new 110. Are you gonna come out Weee?

Hello Chuck,

My kids and I have been planning for weeks to go to OW. We planned on leaving tomorrow after school and come back Tues. It looks like it is going to rain almost the entire time. How wet do you figure it is going to get?

Hope to see you out there!

Mike

I'm not worried about a little rain. I'm worried we are gonna be very wet and miserable if it rains like it did last weekend. Hopefully, it won't be as wet in the desert as it was here last W.E. :)

The AOL weather report said around a 1/2 inch on fri in Borrego Springs and about 1/4 inch in El Centro so I fiqure at least a 1/4 inch +. For Sat it didn't say how much but it is supposed to definately rain, although I have heard that before and gone out anyway and it has been nice.

Yeah, our 500's should meet. I just got mine so its looking for new friends :)

That doesn't sound too bad! :)

Chuck, where on the road are you going to be camping? GPS coordinates? I assume you are bringing the whole family. What does your rig look like? We will be in a silver Chevy Roadtrek campervan and pulling a small 6x8 flat trailer with the bikes.

See you all out there!! :)

Thumperphan, I thought you got lost. I'm going rain or shine. Taking the whole family. Even a rainy weekend in the desert is better then sunny sky's at work or home. I'll be off pole line past second hill on the right. Stop by. :)

Chuck,

How big is your camp? Is there room for us? One adult (sorta) and 3 kids.

See ya soon! :)

Jeff, are you going or just chiming in on the moisture level? :)

Mike

You guys will probably see some Rutsters there. Stop by there camp and say hi. They are a really cool club. I can't go. Too far a drive for me. They will have a circle camp of about 100 people. Don't be shy.

Jeff, are you going or just chiming in on the moisture level? :o

i was going till i broke my leg ;) our group will be in the same place off of commune trail on the left.............. i should be back by easter :)

You guys will probably see some Rutsters there. Stop by there camp and say hi. They are a really cool club. I can't go. Too far a drive for me. They will have a circle camp of about 100 people. Don't be shy.

I agree - nice group of families. they will be camped off of S22

have fun guys :):p:D

jeff :D

Great Chuck!

We have only been out there once. Where on Pole Road do you think you will be? Is Pole Road on the east end past the Blue Inn?

Thanks in advance for the directions. :)

Mike

Yes, This time I'm taken the 10 to the 86 to the 78. Pole line is about 7 miles after you turn on to the 78 (according to my GPS) on the right. As long as it's not flooded we will be just past the second hill on the right. I'll give you my cell in a PM.

Mike,

We had a "Company" Trip planned for this weekend and canceled it because it was so muddy there last weekend that it was barely rideable at all. There were 4X4 trucks buried to the floorboards..... and no one would even go out in the mud to tow them lest they fall into the same trap....

RH & fam

Hello Roy, Q-Dude and Co!!!

Do you think it will still be pretty muddy or has it dried out this week enough to play? I was hoping to see some more of the Qman's good work on the GG! My girls wanted to get to know your daughter better. Are you going anywhere this W.E.?

Mike

I was out there last weekend. We took a run to Superstition (Jeff you know the route) and it was pretty tough crossing San Felipe wash at pole line but once you got to the mountain it was perfect. It should be nice right now as it has had a chance to dry out a bit but may quickly deteriorate as more water hits it this weekend. Great fun, but plan on several hours cleaning things when you get back.