Sign in to follow this  

Anyone going for Ocotillo Wells this weekend?

Im planning on riding Ocotillo Wells on tues and weds the 22nd and 23rd. I've never ridden this area before. Im a little concerend about the weather and all this talk about MUD how bad does it get inside the park? Also we are dual sported does it get really unrideable type mud? how about the anza borrego part since we are plated? thanks guys....

Hello Chuck,

I will be out with the kids and some misc family members Friday eve through Monday eve, we are staying at Holmes Camp. I would love to ride by and meet some people with kids. We really don't know anyone who rides with children. I am going to send you a pm with my number so that if you get a chance to leave a message when you get there of where you are at.

Thanks,

Mark

I will be there on Sunday, As for how muddy it gets out there, it all depends on how much rain and what area of the park you ride. The area down by line pole road and the airstrip can get very muddy. The park has large areas with sand and small rocks with a little dirt it handles the rain better than other areas.

Well we just got back and had a great time!! :) Friday, we had seriously considered cancelling the trip but we are very glad we didn't. There was plenty of rain and mud but there was also some opportunity for some good riding and camping. Like Chuck said "the worse day in the desert is better than the best day at work." Chuck, it was great seeing you, your wife and your dad again. It was nice meeting your kids and your uncle. Let's get the families together again soon. The Death Valley 350 also sounds great. :)

i was going till i broke my leg :) our group will be in the same place off of commune trail on the left.............. i should be back by easter :)

jeff :p

Jeff,

Are Matt & Wendy going to be there this weekend?

I'm planning on getting out there on Sunday morning.

Eric

Jeff,

Are Matt & Wendy going to be there this weekend?

I'm planning on getting out there on Sunday morning.

Eric

Hey Eric,

I dont know if they are going back out this weekend or not? i will PM you there email address :)

I cant wait to get back out there myself.........................

Jeff :)