Sign in to follow this  

clutch cover destroyed

Last Sunday, due to a fall on ice, I've destroyed the magnesium clutch cover. here (ITALY) suzuki wants 100€ (130$)!!! for a new one.

where can I get one aftermarket cover? (and, of course, cheapest)!

thank you

nik

Are you sure you can't repair it? Take it off the bike, clean and degrease and then use JB Weld or Lock-Tite epoxy and then add a Case-Saver on top of that available from the TT Store for about $25 USD. Put one on the other side while you're at it. May need a new gasket too but a heck of alot cheaper than $130... You'd be amazed what you can put back together if you clean well and take your time. Good luck... :)

thank you I'll try with epoxy and some carbon fiber to reinforce. there is a big hole in the bottom, my welding-man refused to weld magnesium.

:)

thank you I'll try with epoxy and some carbon fiber to reinforce. there is a big hole in the bottom, my welding-man refused to weld magnesium.

:)

Yeah, it's about impossible to weld on that material but as to the rest of your description you're on the right track especially if you add the case-savers afterwards. They will also cover most of the cosmetic defects in the repair. A good skid plate will help avoid future problems, too. Good luck... :)

I pretty much did the same thing a couple of weeks ago. Took out both the outer and inner clutch covers. And this is with a CFC guard. I patched the oil leak with gum to get back out to the trail head.

The best prices I have found have been at www.ronayers.com

Outer cover around $80 us

www.factorypro.com has billet ones but $149.00????? :)

Like I said in previous post/wait for inventory clearance on E-bay if possible after repairing yours.Looks like cfcs & J-B Weld for now.