Sign in to follow this  

who said honda has valve problems

Hondas don't have valve problems, oh wait yes they do.

There are two kinds of TT'ers that bother me in regard to the CRF valve issue.

1) People who insist that all CRF valve problems are caused by the neglect of the owner.

2) Owners of other brands of bikes who somehow enjoy the problems that Honda owners are having. This kind of post is classic of that genre.

Thanks you are spot on. I get enjoyment out of watching the honda boys squirm over this. They are usually so blindly loyal that they refuse to see it as a problem and yell at there own kind when they complain about the valves telling them that "they are doing it wrong or aren't maintaing there bikes properly" This is bs. In this day and age, yamaha has proven that it can be done. You don't have to tear your bike apart every few days to adjust the valves or replace them with special aftermarket parts, they should come from the factory like that. Do all hondas have problems absolutely not, do some of them YES indeed. It all comes back to the following statment"just get a honda they are bulletproof" i was fed that line of shit so many times when trying to choose a bike that I just got fed up with it. I bought a yamaha, based on their reliability. I am on a ktm now but that isn't the point. I just find it funny how there is "no problem" yet there is an "advertisement" as you guys say that addresses this exact "problem". It is a light hearted poke at them just like they used to tell the yamaha crowd about the starting issues.

I see you have an xr 250, nice bike, should run forever, it is the last of the true bulletproof hondas. Why didn't you buy a crf x instead of the wr 250 you now have? don't answer that, i am just being a pain in the ass. :)

I know a guy who works for Honda and he told me that i made the right choice by choosing the yamaha over the honda. I dont want to get him in trouble so I will leave out his name and posisition. But that should tell you something. Honda riders seem to have a problem admiting their bikes have a problem. So I think we have the right to enjoy their problems. Kinda like a "I told you so" type thing.

They are usually so blindly loyal that they refuse to see it as a problem and yell at there own kind when they complain about the valves telling them that "they are doing it wrong or aren't maintaing there bikes properly" QUOTE]

That's why we call them " the Red Lemmings" ... blindly following the color red wherever it may lead them which is usually to the parts counter. That's them standing 5 deep in line at the parts counter. :):)

Lemming's before you go off on me, I'm just digging fun at you. I've ridden your bikes and really liked 'em. I just don't want to be a lemming. If I bought a crf I'd change it's color.