Sign in to follow this  

Boyesen quickshot accelerator pump cover

Has anyone tested a Boyesen Quickshot Keihin FCR Accelerator Pump cover yet? I' ve seen it on their site: no more bogging for crf... Does it work???

After cleaning my bike I always need to clean this pump, water in it, so no fuel pumping, no trotle response. Has anyone checked this up??

I read a review in one of the mags and it gave it five stars (I think) for working as advertised. I was going to pick one up, but $89 seemed like a lot for it.

crfke,

I am sponsored by Boyesen so I didn't have to pay the full price to give the pump cover a try.

I'll let you know how it performs as soon as I have it and the weather, of course, lets me ride. :)

Ride Smoooooth! :)

crfke,

I am sponsored by Boyesen so I didn't have to pay the full price to give the pump cover a try.

I'll let you know how it performs as soon as I have it and the weather, of course, lets me ride. :)

Ride Smoooooth! :)

How about giving it to Burned to have it dyno'd?

Everybody knows if it don't show up on Burned's dyno it ain't worth a crap. :)

Thanks, Supermetal.

I think it's a lot of money, so I wonder how it's going to work.

I' l wait on your reply.

I think it'll probably do as advertised. I've used other Boyesen stuff and it does the job. I'm just balking at the price. I'm thinking maybe Keihin will learn a lesson and redesign theirs and hopefully it would be cheaper. Boyesen may patent his design but the concept of an accelerator pump has been around for a long time and I don't know if you could patent where the fuel holes are. That would be like trying to patent the port configuration of a two stroke and I don't think you can do that. Otherwise Yamaha would be sueing Suzuki for stealing their 250cc engine specs.

Thanks motomandan,

After your poss. reply, I'm going to order one at BTO sports.

I installed one on both my 04' CRF450R and on my son's 04 YZ250F and in both cases the snap response was instantaneous (no hint of any bog) and they both felt like the bottom end was just a little "cleaner" than before. I also replaced the accel pump diaphragm and spring in the 450 just for the heck of it (actually Boyesen recommends this if the bike is a year old or more). BTW... read the documentation that comes with it carefully. They tell you in the fine print to turn the air screw (on the underside of the carb) out an additional 1/4 turn to 1 3/4 turns from fully seated. Motosport Outlet had them for $79 bucks each. Still pricey for a cast piece of Aluminum but I guess someone has to pay Boyesen for the R&D.

I now have mine and it is installed on the carb. I also replaced the o-rings and diaphram assembly called out in the Boyesen intructions. Since the rest of the bike is still in pieces from the winter overhaul, and since we still have snow covered ground, I think it might be a few weeks yet b4 my test ride.

Check back for a full update once I can throw a leg over her again! :)

Ride Loooose - if you live where it's warm!