Sign in to follow this  

MCCT Install Question

I list Burned's method first in my instruction sheet that i include with all shipments, as i believe it is the easiest for most people, and Burned has perfected his method.I directly quote his instructions..all the way to where he says...." Go pull big wheelies " when your done.. :p:)

I list the second method , which is similar to A.P.E 's method as an alternate to those who perhaps are doing a valve adjustment, or installing a hotcam or other top end work.Yes i agree with Burned that the stock tensioner is a little on the tight side...so doing the visual method is still viable, but give it a little less than stock....close her up and ride ! you should be fine.

To clearify what Ross Buckingham mentioned earlier.....yes the tensioner DOES NOT contact the chain directly.If it did..it would be game over for the bolt :) It contacts the chain slider , which the chain rides on.There is a section on the slider which makes contact with the tensioner at right angles.To bad we cannot embed pics with our posts yet, or i would scan in a page from the workshop manual showing this.I'll see if i get around to scaning in the page and post a link to photobucket to show you guys.

All in all..if you follow Burned's method to a "T" you should just ride and forget it.It does pay to try it several times just to make sure...but don't get to paranoid !! :D

MXJunky went back and forth with the bolt a number of times, engine running and not. Judging by the posts made by the DRZ elders :) , MXJunky believes his MCCT is right where it should be!

(In MXJunkys best Jamaican accent) "Thanks Coach!"

OK. Finally grew some balls and backed it out till I definitely heard the sound of a chain rubbing on plastic and went in until it stopped. Thanks for the help and reassurance that I couldn't screw up too badly by going back too far. Maybe It should be written in the instructions (for sissys like me) to not be afraid of going out. :)

It looks good too.

1st Ride Report since MCCT install:

MXJunky hasn't changed settings on the MCCT since the initial 16th turn from vibration. Runs like a champ! MXJunky took his DRRZZZZ out to Goldendale (there's a 7 mile GP course) and did about four laps, no trouble!