Sign in to follow this  

Going to whistler sunday(from San diego)

I'm from san diego and am going to whistler to see a friend for a week and do some snow boarding. I know nothing about the cold white north(I HATE snow) but heck I guess I can go boarding once a decade!!!

Anyone up there got any advice for me? Good runs, bars, restaraunts, snow mobile rental?

Most people would be really excited for this trip and i'm kinda so-so on it so i'm trying to make it as good as possible!!!

It just sucks that I have to miss the Baja 250

:)

I would allways rather be riding than anything, weel any help shoot me a pm or post. Heck we can hook up for a beer and some canadien whiskey

Miguel

THE LONGHORN PUB.........Buffalo Bills, a little more laid back than the other pubs but full of fun people, alot of Aussies. I will find the name of the sled rental place, I have rented sleds out at Blackcomb before I got my own. As far as boarding goes, I prefer Blackcomb, try both the mountains.

The sled rental place is in the same building as the Longhorn Pub, they do guided tours.....If you venture into Callahan Valley, you can get dropped off with rental sleds for the day. What are you wanting to do????

Note: Snow conditions are not that good right now, man made on the runs. I dont know what Callahan Valley is like right now.

http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com

SWEEET!!!!

SLED RENTALS

that is way more up my alley!!!

and thanks for the bar tips :)

not good snow right now? I'd bet buck or two that its better than southern cali :)

dude i'm going snowmobiling!!

I'm from san diego and am going to whistler to see a friend for a week and do some snow boarding. I know nothing about the cold white north(I HATE snow) but heck I guess I can go boarding once a decade!!!

Anyone up there got any advice for me? Good runs, bars, restaraunts, snow mobile rental?

Most people would be really excited for this trip and i'm kinda so-so on it so i'm trying to make it as good as possible!!!

It just sucks that I have to miss the Baja 250

I would allways rather be riding than anything, weel any help shoot me a pm or post. Heck we can hook up for a beer and some canadien whiskey

Miguel

I live near Big White....we are riding here :p , with studded tires but it's still riding. If you were coming up this way we could have hooked up for a ride and some Crown Royal :D

AND, the Sea to Sky Highway (Vancouver to Whistler) offers some amazing views, especially in the summer from the seat of a CBR600F4i..

Callahan Valley is awesome for sledding. The only problem is I have only seen snowmobile tours there. Never seen anyone venturing out on their own on a rental. This is almaost always a good thing. If you haven't ridden b4 or have just a little ,you will still enjoy it as they do stop in a few "play areas" where you can let er rip. I have gone from Callahan Valley up over the top to the Pemberton Ice feilds....not a trip for a newbie for sure. I can't fill you in on the conditions there as i haven't been there this year. I say go for it....it's a chance of a lifetime that many never forget.

here's a pic for ya.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/leadsled/Brent01.jpg

yeah a tour for sure. ther is no effing way that i would take any risk at all being around snow or stuck in it. I am a wussy :) but thats okay cuz well, you ever been to San Diego in February, 75 sunny teeshirts, surfing bikini clad hotties :)

i'm getting so stoked now, only 8 more hours of work :p

i'll be sure to tell you guys how my sleding experience was when i get back to normal weather(see above :D )

Later on