Sign in to follow this  

Burren Rider...Good input on wind-screen!

G'Day, Mate! Just wanted to thank you for the input on the wind-screen. I got a hold of a piece of 1/8" smoked Lexan from my buddy the glass guy and cut, heated, shaped and contoured same (not attached!) on my headlight surround. Rolled a deflection lip at the top edge, too. Due to your instructions it turned out pretty well. I need to polish the edges and found out you really need to get that stuff pretty hot to form it. Used my Coleman camp stove. I'll see how it works and since I get the Lexan for free may even try another one after figuring out how easy it was. I'll post some images when I get it mounted on the bike. Thanks again, Danny! :)

G'Day Ross,

Good to hear that the instructions were helpful. I found it took a couple of attempts to get the right height in the beginning but the results on the road and faster trail sections are well worth the effort. Hope it works ok.

Yeah, I'm about 8" above the top of the number plate at this point. Still too danged cold for test riding but I give her a try and it it's not right I'll try again. I do ride some pretty open country at relatively high speed and am anxious to see how it works. Thanks again! :)

Yeah, I'm about 8" above the top of the number plate at this point.

Sounds about right, I think mine might be a little lower than that but there are a lot of variables (definately better to start high and work your way back)

14710455-M.jpg