Sign in to follow this  

chest protector saved my life

If you don't ride with a chest protector, you really should reconsider. I never ride with one. My wife bought me one about a month ago, so I tried it the following Saturday. I crashed very hard. I broke my sternum, two ribs, two vertebrae, an a/c separation of my left shoulder, and a nice concussion. I will be fine. My first time wearing a chest protector in 10 years and My Cardiologist, Orthopedic Surgeon and everyone else involved believes it saved my life. Thanks for reading. Be safe.

Pierre

How did you crash? How fast? Sounds bad.

Glad you are going to be ok.

You crashed because you forgot to throw your new chest protector on the ground before you put it on. I'm guessing you aren't superstitous though.

hope you werent supersticous is right

i dropped my new fox helmet by accident and messed it up a bit already:D

oh well, everything happens for a reason..lucky she bought you it

I crashed on a small step-up, third gear on the gas, went over the bars, the bike bounced up and did a few cartwheels, then landed on me. I was knocked out and have no memory of it. Only know what my friends told me.

Thanks, 12many

Wear your chest protectors.

I can attest to this....my old chest protector saved my, well, chest from the sharp rocks when I tipped my WR for the second time. I know i would have been well mashed up had I not been wearing one.

~Eric

glad your gunna be alright

i wear mine sometimes not alot its not very comfortable its too big and for somereason theres a sharp corners on the front piece that dig under my shoulderblade when i crash i think if i were to crash bad with it i wud be better off with out... im totally dissatisfied by mine its the oneal matrix chest protector... i think im gunna buy a new one

Everyone I ride with wears them. About 1 1/2 months ago out at Ocotillo Wells (getting to be my home away from home!) this guy endo'd and landed on his back on a manzanita bush. A thick branch impaled him through the back of his Thor Aftershock!!! The life flight helicopter and paramedics all came to gether to help. They had to cut the branch off and fly him out of there! There was only a stump left of the bush once they left. I can only imagine how bad it would have been if he wasn't wearing protection. As Jedd Clampett would say..."Wheeee dowggies"! :)

Everyone I ride with wears them. About 1 1/2 months ago out at Ocotillo Wells (getting to be my home away from home!) this guy endo'd and landed on his back on a manzanita bush. A thick branch impaled him through the back of his Thor Aftershock!!! The life flight helicopter and paramedics all came to gether to help. They had to cut the branch off and fly him out of there! There was only a stump left of the bush once they left. I can only imagine how bad it would have been if he wasn't wearing protection. As Jedd Clampett would say..."Wheeee dowggies"! :)

Holy shit thats crazy. My boss crashed on a triple, and landed on someones handlebars. They impaled him through the side...He almost died.