Sign in to follow this  

Wheel weights?

Where do you get wheel weights for motorcycles? I have checked at a couple tire places, and they are no help. Also what kind of weights are out there? My front tire hops on the road, and I want to do something about it.

For an off-road rim, I would try the tape weights. I had them placed on the wheels on my CBR when I had Dunlops mounted (didn't like to zero balance for some reason). I rode in the rain quite a bit as it rains pretty much every day in FL in the summer. When I got different tires spooned on and those weights had to come off, I almost never got the glue off.

See if your local bike shop will sell you some. I'm guessing you have access to at least a static balancer? If not, see if the shop will balance it for you.

Are you sure your rim is straight and how are your shocks? My wheels only bounce after hitting something I shouldn't have or if I a shock goes bad.:)

No, the wheel IS out of balance. The only way you can tell is on pavement, where it is really smooth. On dirt, with the rest of the bumps, I do not feel the hopping. Feels just like when a car wheel is out of balance.