Sign in to follow this  

Anyone wire their own turn signal flasher?

I'm adding turn signals to my DRZ-E, and am looking for tips. :) Was thinking of using LED signals, and wiring a standard car flasher with handlebar control switch. Anyone done this? Anyone have a wiring diagram or pics? Thanks in advance.

I'm adding turn signals to my DRZ-E, and am looking for tips. :) Was thinking of using LED signals, and wiring a standard car flasher with handlebar control switch. Anyone done this? Anyone have a wiring diagram or pics? Thanks in advance.

Try the DRZ forum, you'll prob'ly have more luck there. Couldn't you just get the parts you need off the street legal DRZ (S model?), and bolt them straight on? DRZ400E's in Australia are fully road legal. They come with all turn signals, mirrors, everything standard. I would think that your bike would probably have the wiring for indicators, horn etc already present in the wiring loom, just not currently used. But, I could be wrong.....Ask the DRZ boys, they'll know for sure. :)

I made my own LED turn signals and for the flasher I used a flasher LED. The LED lights didn't draw enough current for a regular flasher to work, so originally I put a small bulb in the circuit to make it work.