Sign in to follow this  

Coeshow... i need help.

Im still looking to get that bore kit but right now money is an issue(I just got forks for my 150 and im doin some other stuff.) but would it be alright to put a 230 head on my bike. I know they should be the same except the valves. ALso could i use my cam, 230s head, 230 cylinder, and your bore kit. Also we talked to BBR but they didnt know(we had to get springs but we asked them about motor work) and he said that the head has more of a dome so it would lose compression. Do you have higher comp piston to make up for the lose. thanx. I think i have more questions but i cant think of it right now.

04HondaCRF150F,

You do not need to get a 230 head because the 150 and 230 heads are almost identical. The two heads share the same combustion chamber volume AND share the same valves too!! So, save your coin. The 150 gets most of its compression back with a thinner head gasket and a +5cc dome on the piston where as the 230 uses a flat top.The stock 150 is really only about 8.4-8.5:1 compression. Not 9.0:1 as advertised.

The 230 cylinder is longer than the 150 cylinder, so if you obtain a 230 cylinder and install, you will notice that your piston will be WAY down in the hole at TDC with your existing crankshaft. Powroll stroked your crank, but they shortened the rod, so that the engine could be reassembled just like a stock 150. Without squeezing the rod, your piston would have "stuck out the top" of your cylinder when you assembled the engine. Do you follow me?? I have never been a fan of this modification(shortening the rod) but it does allow strokers to be assembled as "bolt in".

Because of the huge difference in stroke length (150 = 49.5mm and 230 = 66.2mm) I have two different big-bore pistons designed for each application. My pistons are both 69.5mm, but there is a dome on the 150(188cc) piston and a 2cc "hyperbolic" (Hemispherical dish) design on the 230(251cc) piston. My pistons are designed to obtain a precise 9.5:1 compression ratio in each application.

If you install my 150 piston in a 230, you get @13.5:1 compression ratio! Perfect for race engines on race fuel!! Theres still a little more to it, but I hope I answered your questions so that you understand it.

Mike

Yea, i dont know what i was thinking when i typed it. I already have it strokes so i dont need the 230 cylinder. I was thinking of going to the 250 with it. I think my dad still wants to do that. I there any place i can get bigger vavles for the 150. I really dont want to go much higher than 12:1 comp though. I think mine is at 11:1 right now. Maybe alittle higher with everything else, but the piston is 11:1. Yea, but i think ill probly get the bore kit when i can get some money and put it in my bike. Should scream after that.

04HondaCRF150,

If you purchased my 150 big-bore kit for your bike, you would end up with @223cc and @11.5 - 12.0:1 compression,(with Powroll stroker) utilizing all of your existing parts. Nothing else.

Mike

Mike,

I didn't realize you made parts for the 150/230's. Do you have a website that shows what's available? I think I'll probably be in the market for an upgrade to my 230 once I get more used to riding it.

Cheers,

Mac

04hondaCRF150F hows ur leg man???

Im doin alot better. Ive had my cast off for a week and im walking with out the crutches now. I still cant bend my leg all the way but im doin better. I still have one of those leg splints on so it helps me walk better. Thanx for askin. Im hopin to be riding by next month. I have to get knee braces though.

Im doin alot better. Ive had my cast off for a week and im walking with out the crutches now. I still cant bend my leg all the way but im doin better. I still have one of those leg splints on so it helps me walk better. Thanx for askin. Im hopin to be riding by next month. I have to get knee braces though.

thats good to hear. :) i'm guess'n that you havent had any time to put on thoes cr85 inverted forks yet hu???? you said you have to get leg braces tho, for a certan amount of time?, or for ever? :)