Sign in to follow this  

Dunlop D756 tires

I like mine. I run a 756 on the rear and a 773 on the front. We have a ton of sugar sand down here so the front tire does better with the 773.

Personally, I don't like them. They are the best for the guy who goes from moto to offroad, to mud puddle, to desert, but that is the only good thing they do. The wear is bad, the feel is bad, and they aren't the best choice for the desert in any way. They are more of a all terrain tire than a soft/ intermediate. Wherever they are, they either do good or okay traction wise. Like I said, the wear is bad and I mean it. The one thing that I think is awesome is how hard it is to chunk knobs with these tires. Get some Maxxis IT's instead. Someone will disagree with me on this for sure, but this is just my opinion.

The front is a great tire. Works extremely well in soft-intermediate and intermediate, and very well from soft to medium hard stuff. 773's are better only in sand and very soft dirt, and not a lot better either. It's my favorite front tire.

The rear seems to be a little more narrowly focused intermediate tire. Very good traction on medium surfaces, maybe better on hard than very soft. Wears fairly quickly for the first 25%, then a little slower for the next 50%. I like the Maxxis IT better on the rear.

:)

i always notice that east coast guys generally like the 756, and west coast guys generally don't. :)

i like the 756, use it front and rear. singletrack only, combination of sand, roots, rocks, black dirt.

this is what trails around here (NJ/PA and michigan) look like... warning 52MB!

http://www.troop55.com/awesome.wmv

(props go to BF&S for that vid)!

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

I'll have to agree with greyracer, it's a really good tire up front....until it wears a bit, which it seems to do quickly. Even with the quick wear, it's what I like to use up front. I also use it out back, but because of the wear factor I'm considering using another tire.

I run a MS2 front and rear and these things crip like crazy and wear like iron. My rear tire looks the same after about 10 hours!

I ran both the 756 front and rear. The rear has good traction but really wears out fast. The front is pretty good at least here on the east coast. But I tend to like the Michelin S-12 up front it grips like crazy around corners :) I guess it has something to do with the diagonal knobbies. The S-12 rear has excellent grip and good wear but it seems to be a bit narrower than the same size 756 but I don't know why. I think it is a metric thing? :)

best dam tire i have ever run on my yz. never had a problem with one. i have run the maxxis and that tire lasts forever but thats it

Depends on the tracks you ride. If you're running Red Bud, Dutch, Log Road, etc., 756 is the way to go. I ran 752 prior to 756's coming out, and the 756 are my tire of choice here in District 14.

I spent the money on the RR tires and they didn't prove to be worth it. Not as much of a difference as I thought it would be. Oh well, live and learn. Its just money.

that is some good looking trail wrooster. looks like home. My take on the 756 is that it is better at drier conditions...summer tire if you will. I prefer a Michelin's for all around better performance in the wet and dry.

i always notice that east coast guys generally like the 756, and west coast guys generally don't. :)

i like the 756, use it front and rear. singletrack only, combination of sand, roots, rocks, black dirt.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

I never noticed the preference. I must be an exception. We don't have any of the black loam you have there. The natural soils in southern SoCal are pretty alkaline, with a lot of clay and decomposed (or decomposing) granite in varying shades. Track owners will modify their soils with all kinds of weird imports. And there's the desert, which is usually sand and DG and very old sediment packed together. Altogether, there's a lot of hard pack and a lot of course sandy stuff, and a lot of variety in general. I wonder sometimes how many tires I would really need to have the best one everywhere I went.

I like 756's though, and in fact, there are places the rear works better than the Maxxis. But the IT bites harder on most surfaces, and wears far, far better. OTOH, I do not care for the IT front at all.

:)

The 756's have been a great tire for me both front & rear. They are on my YZ250F & my YZ450F. They have worked well from Hangtown & Marysville tracks and lots of offroad stuff in Northern California to Washugol in washington & offroading in Oregon. Obviously they don't last as long on the 450 but they hook up great. If you run them on hard pack they will wear very fast. You may end up buying three sets to anothers two but I feel they are worth it. It all depend on how much traction you can afford or feel it is worth. Lofting the front end out of a corner sure puts a smile on my face! :):)

this is what trails around here (NJ/PA and michigan) look like... warning 52MB!

http://www.troop55.com/awesome.wmv

(props go to BF&S for that vid)!

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

That video is Awesome!!

I run 742 front and 756 rear and love it!! Perfect for South Texas riding.

I need a back tire, for my yzf250. Thinking about going to the 110-90-19 would that help with tracking??????? I ride CLUB MOTO alot, And wondering if any of you guys run the 110 on your 250f. Would my bike rev as high with the 110?????

flyin, I ride club moto, and I put on a Michelin MS2 110/90 19 rear tire on, and a 80/100 21 in the front. The hookup is amazing. I have about 15 hours on the tire and it still looks like new, and hooks up really good still.

If you have a wider rim is makes a bigger difference. I have ths tock rim and it made it a little bit wider. I didn't feel much of a difference with the wider tire in the back.

Thank you for the info, 250Thumpher. I have the 756 up front its new, my back tire is the 739 its pretty worn out,would the 756 front work good with MS2 back tire.