Sign in to follow this  

Is 7-mile (Spokane) worth riding?

New to the sport and would like to know if 7-mile is a good place to go. Or would it be better to travel a bit and ride the Pend area up North? :)

I heard it's sandy and not very good riding.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

its sandy in the far corner, but if you want a fun place to blast around etc its pretty kewl!

I always have fun when I go there, check it out and see for yourself, but me and my crew is headed over there in april to see my folks and we always drag the bikes......we also love to get into the trees and play tag........what a hoot......

HR

:)

7 mile is lightly treed, and open... no designated trails, just 300 acres of riding. There is a variety of terrain, from mud to sand, some whoops, lots of very nice berms and some good sized hill climbs. This is not challenging riding, but is a great place to get used to your bike. Make sure you have a spark arrestor and current tabs, as the ranger is... err... 'enthusiastic'. Weekends can be a little nuts, especially around the parking area. Midweek, the place is deserted.

Pend Oreille might have too much snow to ride right now, it's a very popular snowmobiling area. I like to park at Flodelle creek campground as it has great access to both sides of the trail system. Trails in this area are moderate to challenging singletrack, and get harder as you get into the Batey Bould system. This is not a great area for riding by yourself as it is very remote. Lots of good views, an old cold war military installation (radar dome), old homesteads and mining give you plenty of exploring/sightseeing opportunities on the ride.

Why the trials tire in the rear? :D

you mean this one?

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=1303

Cause in roots and rocks and mud and just about anything other than grass track and deep sand....it sticks like velcro.

Western washington and up in the mountains.....sticky sticky....and wears forever!

HR

:p

Thanks for the much needed info "bob". It sounds like each riding area is unique and has it's own pluses and minuses. I guess I'll have to try all three and report back. I understand the spark arrestor thing, but tabs? Why and how much are they?

"Hawaii", interesting bit of info about the trials tire. You should think about posting your find in a forum so more know about it...unless they already do and I'm the only one.

Thanks again guys!

I rode 7mile a ton when i lived there. it's good winter riding, when nothing else is open, and great for beginners, but in the summer time it's really dusty and crowded. this time of year, it'd be awesome. some fun hillclimbs, and neat little mini-tracks burned in here and there.

'Tabs' as in Washinton State ORV license tabs needed for any offroad vehicle ridden on public land. Big fines if you're not wearin' them!