Sign in to follow this  

i need advice

i have a ttr225 and it is a ok bike but i have had it for a year and i need a liilte more bike should i put money into it like suspension and engine parts or should i just buy a new bike?? if i should buy parts what should i but or if i should buy a new bike what should i buy??

i would certainly look at buying a new bike, if your getting tired of that bike.. they did drop 20 pounds off it for the 230.. maybe look at a ttr230 or 250. 230 has same engine but is lighter, with a bit bigger suspension.. or if you really want to step up buy a mx bike.. yz125 or yz250f. i myself am fixin to get my 250f in may :):):p:D

definately don't waste a bunch of money trying to fix up that bike.. there really isn't too much you can do with the suspension,and ive never really heard on many motormods. or atleast any that will make a worthwhile difference

i looked at the ttr230 and even though its litter it still has a pretty small engine. i also looked at the mx bikes but i have close neibors and end up making them mad with the noise. but the two bikes i was impressed with where the yzf250 and yzf450. what are your comments on those??

If you have outgrown the trailbike.. step up to the WR if you going to stay in the woods or try a YZ if you have been playing around on the motocross tracks and have reached the bikes limits. You don't want to replace the bike with something you will outgrow again in 6 months.

If you were on a ttr 225 I would not even look at the 450 yz or wr those bikes are killer, The 250 yz or wr has tons of usable power, plus it is about 40 pounds lighter....and if you want to be quite get a q exhaust. Hope that helps

im gunna have to agree start thinking on the yz250f or wr250f definatley sounds like your ready

i went straight from a ttr125l to a yz250f