Sign in to follow this  

04 vs 05?

The main difference is the frame they totally changed it.3.5 pounds ligher. Little more power.It is a much better bike.

I just got my 05 and it is remarkable. The thing has power and power and more power. My springs and valves come in from race tech this week and a pipe from White bros. From the things I have researched I would advise to get the new one. Hey thanks burned what great advice.

BDOUG :):):p

He was referring to suspension when he was speaking of the valves and springs. Stock bikes are good, but can always be improved. As far as the pipe, I would guess he is just trying to change the power curve alittle. Rather than get more power. Some are saying the 03 power curve was better, but the 05 has more of it. I rode an 04, and then an 05. I could notice a BIG difference, since I am a CR250 rider. The 04 felt bulky, and made me second guess if I was gonna change to a 450 instead. I rode the 05, and it sold me.

I just got my 05 and it is remarkable. The thing has power and power and more power. My springs and valves come in from race tech this week and a pipe from White bros. From the things I have researched I would advise to get the new one. Hey thanks burned what great advice.

BDOUG :D:):p

I have the 05 and I would agree with the spring issue, if needed for rider wieght, but the pipe :) I am big into good suspenders but the bike has power to spare with the stock exh. I would spend $$ elsewhere not that this bike needs it. :D

For all the money and all the hype, why do you need a new pipe and springs and valves?

Who cares if he is getting an exhaust or not.His money let him get what he wants.

I have an 04 and it is an excellent machine. Honda will always make the bikes a little better every year so people will continue to upgrade. If you can get an 04

for less I'd say it's definitely worth it.