Sign in to follow this  

whice one?? crf 230 or xr 250 or xr 400?

i was wondering which one i should buy. i am selling me little klx 125 and want a bike that i wond out grow till it wears out. im 5'7 135 lbs. i ride the feild and alot of gravel roads and was wondering what the best possible bike would be maybe a bike that i didnt list thank u for anyone who responds :);):D:):p:D:D:o

Have you considered the ATK 700? Nice bike you wont outgrow. :) Here's a link: http://www.dirtrodders.com/atk700/ :)

I think Dirtdaddy may have recommended this bike to a few people already. :p

Think about where & with who you might be riding with in the future & get a bike to match. Test rides are a great way to get an idea of what fits "you".

i would say go for the xr250 if you think you'll be able to handle the height. I would have bought an xr250, if I was a little taller. I'm also about 5'7'' and i bought the 230. Good bike for the type of riding I do. Good luck with your choice. :)

What's your priority? If you list them, it'd help you out considerably.

for instance, these were mine when I went shopping .

I'm 5'5", 150lbs, 175 geared.

#1 priority for me was LOW seat height.

#2 priority, elec start for wife

#3 priority, out the door COST for NEW

#4 priority, easy clutch pull for my wife

#5 priority, easy to ride

#6 priority, easy to maintain.

Power & suspension was not even on my list when I went to the dealers to shop.

When I went shopping for my son's bike (5' 11", 140lbs) I wanted to get a xr250, but he was just learning and didn't want to do track riding only trails. He liked the lower seat height of the crf230 and the electric start. Having only learned a year or so ago myself, I knew the e-start would ease some of the frustation of learning.

So I found a used CRF230 for him. A couple more months and I believe he'd be happy on a xr250, but as often as he rides the 230 is going to be fine for a while longer. My 12 year old daughter my grow into it before he is ready to move up.

dont be stupid! Trust me on this;The XR 400 has to be the best all around fun bike ever built! Its whatever you want it to be,slow, fast, just take time to get to know it!

To the three posters above recommending an XR400, read this:

THe original poster is 135lbs,

he's ~ 14 yrs old, used to ride an XR80 before his KLX125.

Read his prior posts.

...as to what you all are recommending. :):) BAD KARMA.

To the three posters above recommending an XR400, read this: .. THe original poster is 135lbs, he's ~ 14 yrs old, used to ride an XR80 before his KLX125. Read his prior posts. ...as to what you all are recommending. :p:D BAD KARMA.
Now Read This!... A friends son, who is turned 15 last October had been riding a YZ80 up until last Wednesday. That same day they came to Hollister OHV with TWO XR400's. One being the dad's that he's had for five years.. the other XR400 the kid had never ridden before. The kid weighs about 125lbs, been riding dirt since he was 6 yrs old. He rode the snot out of that XR400. Rode all the single track stuff like he's been riding the XR400 for years! Climbed every big hill there, from Twin Hill, Rancho Hill, Super Hill, and every other gnarly black diamond hill at the park. His only complaint is the XR400 is on the heavy side... like 140 lbs heavier than he! But he handled it like it was a water-cooled 250! :D

Plus!, just this past Friday we all rode, and conquered, Troll Trail, a double-black diamond trail that was the toughest single track I've ever ridden. It was about two solid hours of cliff-hanging(seriously!) nerve wracking, but fun riding. Ask Mike in Modesto... he knows that trail well.

I'm not trying to sway anyone into buying a big bike, just thought I'd let y'all know that it ain't the bike, it's the rider. BTW, my 14 yr old son, on his 4th ride on his CRF230 stayed right on the kid's tail the whole way thru.

That was so awesome to watch... from behind.... way behind! :):)

I'm still blown away by these kids! :o;)