Sign in to follow this  

Jordan Creek Sunday 20th

I'm heading out to Jordan Creek area this Sunday. I'm tagging along with a buddy and about 6 of his friends. We're meeting at the Red Cabin at 7:45 and then hope to be at the trails by 9:30'ish at the latest. This is my first ride out in that area hopefully the trails are good. Anyone been out there and know the status of the trails and what not?

If you're out there I'm on a plated wr 450 with no stickers. Hoping not to be the one you see stuck on the side of the trail :)

i rode a poker run there last fall. there is a really cool trail that runs along the river, then heads up into the higher hills. once you get up higher (and back towards browns camp/lyda camp) it gets pretty gnarly with some steep stuff. have fun! :)

My wife and I were just there Sunday.

If you are coming out of Lyda Camp area, run up Archer's Firebreak (#28). On top, Chainbreaker (#33) and Jordan Creek (#84) are currently closed due to an active timber harvest. Marvelous Mainline (#90) and Buzzard's Point (#35) are both open, but one way down from above. Down at Jordan Creek and to the east, Stick in the Nose (#37) is open.

The bridge on Spaur Creek(#39) is washed out, but the trail is open and the stream easily navigable.

It should be a blast for you. :)

There are a couple great trails up there. Here is the loop I'd recommend.

About a 1/4 mile after you turn off 26 there is a trial on your right, Rogers Road (#36). I'd start your loop here. The first two miles are awesome. It's a fast uphill all the way and has one jump after another. At the end of #36 take a right and go to Maddogs Pumpkin Patch (#38). This is a slower technical trail and has a wicked long hill climb that you're not going to want to stop on. It's signed as a Most Difficult trail. I'd say it's a hard trail but not undoable. The biggest thing is to not stop on the hill. Then take Stick In The Nose (#37) back down to the beginning. This is a pretty kick ass route. #36 and #38 make a wicked combination providing a nice variation in conditions.

It looks like you could probably throw in Firefox (#41) to the right (East) after you exit Maddog. I haven't taken that trail though. Also, I haven't been there in several months so I can't tell you what current conditions are like. The trials were pretty dry when I was there last time (back when it was actually raining).

#36 -> #38 -> (maybe 41) -> #37

You wouldn't happen to know a guy named Toby do you? Used to ride an XR600, just switched to a YZ250. A big guy. He mentioned that a group of guys he knows are riding Jordan on Sunday.

Have a safe ride!

- Jim

Hey now!! I'm dragging Toby out with my group! He's on my old YZ250. We're going to have between 6 and 9 riders depending on the turnout. We're meeting at the log cabin restaraunt for breakfast at 7:45AM as well.

That YZ of your is a fun ride. I got to rip it around a little a couple weeks ago. He mentioned that there was a group of about 7 guys. I thought to myself, how many groups that size can be going to Jordan Creek on Sunday? Two I guess:-) Toby's a great guy. We know each from work and have been on several rides.

And what's stopping you from heading out with us on Sunday?!?! It'll be out of control if we hook up with the other group. I'll be happy as long as I'm one of the first ones up the nasty hills instead of the last :) .

Hey Oldblue,

Thanks for the invite. I may take you up on that. I was riding on the street last Friday with my main riding partner when he had a pretty severe accident. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't still a little shaken up by it. He's not going to be able to ride anymore although that's the least of his problems right now.

I'll let you know later this afternoon if I can make it.

- Jim

We're going to have a diverse group going out. Some newbies, a bunch of intermediates and better, and probably a couple of advance riders. Needless to say it will be an interesting day. 7:45AM at the log cabin restaraunt. I'm on a YZ450 with #58 plates. Tall part asian dude. Hard to miss. Their aren't very many of us out there in the woods :) !!!

Room for any more?

I'm somewhere in the intermediate category.

I was up there Friday and the ground was still a bit frozen in the shade. Even at the lower elevations.

- Ryan

wow! sounds like you guys are gonna have a monster riding party! have a great time and be safe. could one of ya post back here and let me know if it is icy or snowy up there after your ride? i'm meeting a couple buddies up at Elk Flats over in the upper nestucca area on sunday, hoping the conditions over there are good. prayin for sun :)

We could not have asked for a better day! Sunny day and tacky ground makes for a good ride. The party ended up being 10 of us. For the most part nine rode together since we lost one to bike trouble. We were on the trails at 9:30AM and made it in for a lunch break at around 1PM. We had a few newbies as expected that ran a bit slower but we got them through everything in one piece (albeit slowly). By 1PM we had some guys that were dead tired and were calling it quits so we were down to 4. After a quick lunch and with Goatman as guide we started up again and played around FireFox until we got back at 4PM.

I'm tired, I'm a bit sore but I'd do it again in a flash (if my wife gives me another get out of jail card :) ).

It was a good chance to get out and ride with folks I've never ridden with before. Goatman and jwashburn were there from TT and we had quite a few fellas on those smoky 2-wheelers. All I can say is, "When are we doing this again?!?!"

Not knowing exactly who it was I was meeting at the Log cabin, I ended up hooking up and riding with some random guys I didn't know and they invited me along to go ride with them. :)

Killer day of riding. We hit stick in the nose, Mad Dogs P patch and ended up clear over by trask on the top of steam pot.

We joked about "I don't know who you are, but you should come ride with us again."

I was looking for you guys out on the trails, but we only passed one other group clear over in the trask.

Anyhow, it's starting to get dry and dusy out there, so the time to ride is now. Maybe I'll catch you guys out there in the next couple weeks.

- Ryan

It was a pleasure watching Oldblue and Goatman ride. It was a lesson in how much more I have to learn! Thanks for letting me tag along I had a great time. We’ll have to do it again sometime soon.

- Jim

We'll definitely get another ride together soon. Once I finish up coaching my son's basketball team (2 more weeks) I'll have more playtime.