YZF for 85cc class

To all of you that think there could possibly be a YZ1X0F bike, think about this. What's the worst part of a 4-stroke? Starting it while it's hot. Sure, once you get the routine down, it's usually not too bad. Try teaching that to a 10 year old kid. You don't think they're going to move the throttle at all while trying to start it? I'm not saying kids are idiots, but I doubt they'll have the discipline to go through the routine to start the thing after they dump it in a corner during a race.

You also have to figure that the added weight is a bigger deal on a 85cc bike than a big bike w/ an adult (or almost adult) riding it.

The bike for sure won't have compression release and probably won't even have a hot-start lever. You don't even need to find TDC with 4 stroke motocrossers. Just give her a long hard kick and she will start for sure. Starting cold is a totally different thing. Sometimes she will go, and sometimes she won't. What would be really cool is if the new YZ150F had e-start like the new Huskys'. Oh, and even the aluminum frame. I'm so excited!!!

it wont be hard for a little guy to start. just make sure he knows to lay off the throttle when he starts it after dumping it in a corner or somewhere. tell him to put his hand on the mc or somewhere instead of touching the throttle. then it'll start right up no problem.

doug

'04 yz250f