Sign in to follow this  

What Size Bolts?

Hope someone can help me out, I am looking for the size of bolts that mount the front caliper to the fork. (eg M8x40)

I was gonna order then from the local dealer. But at close to $12 for two bolts. I am hoping someone on here has the Honda parts cd or microfiche that lists the size of bolts. I can't remember if it was M8x35 and M8x40, so I can go to the local fastner shop and get them for WAY cheaper.

Just don't forget to go with the proper grade! Well, if it's just the caliper I'm not sure how critical that is. Just my two cents

Whitie

Definitely shop around. I just ordered a mixed bag of high tensile M6x1.0 here in Australia and got them for $24.95 plus postage. There were 95 of them in the bag!! I ordered a bunch of M8x1.25 approx 20 of three diff sizes and paid something like .30cents each for them!! That $12 price is a joke! I ride a Wr400 and mine uses M8x1.25's to hold the caliper to the forks!

I bought the whole mix as a lot of the bolts on the bike are starting to look a little tired and given the cost of these I decided I got a lot of piece of mind for very little cost!

I can't remember if it was M8x35 and M8x40,

I use this online microfiche for my 2000 XR4, and it shows the bolts as 8x32 and 8x40. They 'should' be the same on yours...

It's more than likely 1.25 on the thread pitch, but to be sure, you can find another bolt on the bike that fits the mount location(s) on the fork leg and take it with you to the fastener/bolt store so they can verify that.

Good idea about the hardness by the other poster - I would think about a minimum of Grade 5 on those?

Its for a a caliper relocating bracket so I can run a 320mm rotor on my SM wheels. But of course the bracket didn't come with bolts.