Sign in to follow this  

Rev Box?!

im getting a rev box for my 2000 xr70. which is the best one for a stock bike?

stock it wont do much, for it to really matter you need a high lift cam and HD valve springs in your motor. it will advance the timing curve for better throttle responce and a BIT better power.

please dont call it a "rev box" thats a name used to make it sound better than it is :)

go with the cheapest you can find, that would be the HTB box, www.hondatrailbikes.com

stock it wont do much, for it to really matter you need a high lift cam and HD valve springs in your motor. it will advance the timing curve for better throttle responce and a BIT better power.

please dont call it a "rev box" thats a name used to make it sound better than it is :)

go with the cheapest you can find, that would be the HTB box, www.hondatrailbikes.com

So, for a stock 70, would the 'race cam', high flow oil pump, and updated CDI be a good wakeup for the bike, or are there other areas to work on first?

it will definetly make a difference over stock, but a good route to go is a tb 52mm(88cc) cylender, race head piston(so you can use the stock xr70 head), 20mm carb, cam, cdi, oilpump. that setup will RIP for under 400$

i dont have a rev box but have the tb race head kit, oil pump, heavy duty clutch, and chm pipe. :) talk about a change. i didnt even bother getting the cdi box/rev box. i think sense you have a 70, port the head and get the 88cc kit and oil pump and heavy duty clutch. that thing will scream!

I can't touch bore and stroke in the league I'm soon to be racing in. All else is fair game.