Sign in to follow this  

Shock comp Q. . . ?

Is your low speed compression adjuster (small slotted) supposed to spin when you adjust your high speed compression adjuster (hex nut)? I just finished my shock make over and when putting my HSC back to baseline, the LSC was spinning too. Please tell me that's normal. . . :)

Yeah, I noticed that too, when adjusting my settings. My theory is that it is normal, and the low speed screw gets its base line setting along with the high speed. What I mean, is, the low speed screw will actually change positon in relation to the shock (but actually being at the same setting), when the high speed is moved, but what you are really concerned with is the low speed's setting from full in, after setting the high speed nut. I think that makes sense...or does it? :)

Hey, as long as you guys twist your HSC and it moves your LSC, I'm happy! :)

I saw your post concerning this in the suspension forum. The two replies you got said that is wan't normal. :) Apparently niether of them have Hondas, or mine was screwed up from the factory! :p

Is your low speed compression adjuster (small slotted) supposed to spin when you adjust your high speed compression adjuster (hex nut)? I just finished my shock make over and when putting my HSC back to baseline, the LSC was spinning too. Please tell me that's normal. . . :)

Good question.I was wondering this myself.I just thought it was normal since my last bike did this as well. :)

Go figure! Suspension forum- not normal!? CRF forum- normal! So, maybe a couple of the CRF guys can go into their living rooms and give it a quarter turn twist and check, just to be on the safe side for me! :)

Go figure! Suspension forum- not normal!? CRF forum- normal! So, maybe a couple of the CRF guys can go into their living rooms and give it a quarter turn twist and check, just to be on the safe side for me! :)

mine spins also :)