Sign in to follow this  

Exotics

OOOHHHHH :):) should I get a VOR or maybe a Huseburger or even a gasser

Nah - I'll stick to my Husky wr360 - not a yamaha in disguise :p just a great bike :D:D

If I recall correctly, the 470 was last made in 2002. It was re-incarnated as a 450 (smaller piston diameter) in 2004.

One word- WARRANTY !! The new Berg's have a ONE YEAR warranty! Let's count all the other bikes with a one year warr.- umm,KT- no, umm, Hond- no, umm, wait- there aren't ANY! VOR could have a 10 year warr., but it would be toilet paper.

One word- WARRANTY !! The new Berg's have a ONE YEAR warranty! Let's count all the other bikes with a one year warr.- umm,KT- no, umm, Hond- no, umm, wait- there aren't ANY! VOR could have a 10 year warr., but it would be toilet paper.

Why would a VOR warranty be any less valid than Husabergs?

VOR could have a 10 year warr., but it would be toilet paper.

Wow... are you living on Mars??! Please don't make asinine comments! I generally don't come down on people BUT this is the one exception!

Seems as though VOR is having financial difficulty: What is doing VOR ???? Vor 's Future ??? :)

I'm not aware via this or any other board that VOR has failed to live up to their obligations regardless of finacial issues when a warranty issue arises. I owned 4 of them and warranty was always available to me... or am I missing the point?

OK,OK, it's not really less valid, but VOR is a bunch more rare and exotic, with parts, service, and dealers being a bit like baby pigeons; you know that they exist, but they are pretty hard to find. What is VOR's warr.? I 'll bet it's not a year. Also, I had a feeling that I'd get in trouble on this one, this EXOTICS forum is very close to being a VOR forum, so I'm sure it seems like I'm taking a swipe at VOR, but I promise that I really wasn't. Crap, I was a Vertimati dealer for a few months before they went belly up! So I know all to well how it works with these great Italian low volume manufactures. Most of them seem to be hanging on by their fingernails, not confidence inspireing whatever the warr. claims are. Husaberg on the otherhand is owned by KTM, who have DEEEEP pockets,along with Barrett Mkt Grp, the new importer, who also do pretty well. They have an ambitious plan to put Berg's out there like never before. Hope they do. P.S.-I don't actually own a Berg- yet!

Ya know what's funny, I just ck'ed the thread starter's location, and it's the U.K.!!! I 'l bet our U.S. warrenty doesn't extend to him there!!! All this talk for nothing.SORRY.

I'm not aware via this or any other board that VOR has failed to live up to their obligations regardless of finacial issues when a warranty issue arises. I owned 4 of them and warranty was always available to me... or am I missing the point?

Enduro Nut - I hope that you don't think that I'm dissing the VOR product, I'm sure it's a fantastic bike. But this guy was asking a question and I simply pointed him to another thread in this forum with some information to help answer his question. But I think too that you need to be realistic, I know what happened when Bultaco went out of business the year after I bought my Alpina. It was a great bike, but some parts were simply no longer maufactured. Nobody is saying that they're not great bikes, and I hope that this doesn't happen to VOR. I think that daotoys said it best:

A basic word of warning.....if you buy an exotic, you are best to buy one with a living/breathing manufacturer, importer, and dealer network....

If you buy an exotic from an extinct brand.....then be prepared to own it, enjoy it....until it breaks...and then you may or may not be able to fix it, or get parts....even maintainence items can be impossible to find.....

I speak from experience with a number of exotics in my stable....but having said all this....I stll collect them.....because I rarely ride a single bike much in a give year if that ....I can enjoy them longer....

For most people, an exotic makes a good additional bike to own, and enjoy....but its usually best to have a more mainstream bike as your daily ride...

Few people can own and ride exotics only ( Im one of them) and be happy with the good and bad that this means...

Good luck with your bike! :):)

I didn't realise it would start all this but it sounds like I have stirred up a hornets nest

- I am in the UK - I'm really interested to hear about the Husaberg 470 - I've got my eye on one and want to know what sort of bike I would be getting.

I have a Husky WR360 and a Gas Gas Pampera 250 - I want to try a 4 stroke - It won't be for serious competition use - Trail riding and the odd novice Enduro.

Durango Dave - no offense taken. It was the manner in which SM610 stated VOR warranty was toilet paper...

I've watched bike co.'s come and go due to difficulties and some survive. KTM comes to mind, they were having a very tought time in the early 90's but look at them now! 'Berg's are another recent example and to show they mean business they will offer the warranty. Frankly, I hope all survive and thrive! :)

I don't intend to drag this thread on and on but I just want to clarify this one point. VOR was not having financial trouble. In fact VOR was doing very well when the investors who bailed them out in 02 decided to cash in on their investment.

I will have no qualms about buying a new 530ENX when they get here.

How about selling me one of those Cam timing fixures......or finding Cam timing data so I can setup an older 2001?

So what is the scoop with VOR now?

Yes,yes,admittedly(but unintentional) inflammatory choice of words. It's probably just left over bad feelings from my Vertimati experience. The biggest problem was that the bikes were just SO good, and yet me and several of my friends/bus. associates got a running start kick in the boys from that company. My personal loss amounted to very little, but people I know ate the cost of more than a dozen bikes, and to top it off, Vertimati is quasi back in bus.!! "Hey, sorry about that truckload of cash you lost,still want to order more bikes?" ahhh- no, wait- no. Sorry if the bad taste in my mouth shows here, and please forgive me if I never buy/ride/endorse exotic Italian dirt bikes. Too many other choices.

Back To Question,I Think It Will Be A Cross Between My Dads FE400And My EN450.

It'll Feel Better Standing Up To Ride,Tractor Along Nicely And Rev Up Quickly And Really Fly,Will Feel Really Light.

It Will Also Handle Ver Well.