Sign in to follow this  

WOW, WR250F No Bog Kit

I have a 2003 WR250F and for the past two years I have been struggling with it bogging and just not running right here in Colorado. Recently I was introduced to Jeff Slavens who installed his no bog kit on my bike. WOW what a difference. Prior to Jeff working on my bike I was on the verge of selling it due to my frustration. Not now. My WR runs like a scalded dog. This is in my opinion a must do for all WR's out there like mine. Jeff can be contacted at Slavens Racing (719) 475-2624 or Email slaverace@msn.com

You can also visit his web site at www.slavensracing.com

Thats the first time I have seen malcom smiths name on anything, in a very long time.

Let us know when you get one for the 250's.

Thats the first time I have seen malcom smiths name on anything, in a very long time.

MSR = ?

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

I have a 2003 WR250F and for the past two years I have been struggling with it bogging and just not running right here in Colorado. Recently I was introduced to Jeff Slavens who installed his no bog kit on my bike. WOW what a difference. Prior to Jeff working on my bike I was on the verge of selling it due to my frustration. Not now. My WR runs like a scalded dog. This is in my opinion a must do for all WR's out there like mine. Jeff can be contacted at Slavens Racing (719) 475-2624 or Email slaverace@msn.com

You can also visit his web site at www.slavensracing.com

So what is it that he did to your bike and how much was it?

I guess I need to remind him to update his web site. He had my bike for 8 weeks as a test bed. He was able to put together one that works for the WR250.

Please excuse my ignorance I have only been riding for two years, I do not know what exactly he did. All I know is I am not selling my bike for another model now. My friends who have been ridding for many years and who have ridden my bike before and after Slavins tweak agree with me, it is a totally new bike.

Sounds like another gimick like a special jet kit. These carbs can be tuned for all of these situations without buying any of these special gimicks. Ask yourself this. Do you see these advertised on any pros bike? Kinda like the jetting kit sold on this website. Do you see Ricky Carmichael endorsing it? NO way! These carbs have so many adjustments that they can be tuned for any scenario. :)

You know all I was trying to do was pass on the help that I got with my WR. I was on the Verge of selling it because clearly I don't have the skills to make these adjustments nor did my local retailers service center (after four trips there and a few hundred dollars they never could get it right). I would also venture to guess none of us have either a professional or direct professional assistance tunning our bikes like Ricky Carmichael nor do many of us have Ricky's skill and expertise. Gimmick, I think not, what was done to my works very well. :)

Lets take Ricky out of the picture. You can tune these carbs with stock parts and adjustments. People are way to lazy and want a quick fix. Thats OK, but there is a lot of wasted money being thrown around.

My time is valuable. If I can fix a problem quickly and ride instead of wrench its a good thing.

Thanks for the info Kilo!

JD kits are very nice too.

Sounds like both are gimmicks and there are a lot of uneducated, lazy people out there with money to waste. :)

So without even a single look at either other than sparse descriptions on the thread, you have decided those trying them are the uneducated ones?

Will the real uneducated ones please stand up? :)

A quad owner thinks I'm uneducated and lazy.

He may be right but I don't trust anyone to judge me to dumb to understand how to operate a twist throttle.

If you understood how these motors and carbs work, you would not be a sheep and buy all of these gimmicks. Why don't you just read the manual and get a grip on tuning. There are also many good articles that help with the mystery.