Sign in to follow this  

Adios big blue

The DRZ is sold. The buyer is from Chico, Ca. a nice guy, he's gonna be a great DRZ owner. He's a quad man moving up to the two wheel life. he said he would check out TT. If ya see him around, say hello.

adios big blue, you've been a best friend.

http://images.snapfish.com/342%3B963923232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D384%3D%3B77%3DXROQDF%3E2323498944962ot1lsi

we've danced thru the trees together,

http://images.snapfish.com/342%3B967523232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D384%3D%3B77%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3B4645%3A%3A%3Aot1lsi

and flown thru the air,

http://images.snapfish.com/342%3B963923232%7Ffp54%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D384%3D%3B77%3DXROQDF%3E23234%3C%3A874859ot1lsi

long may you run

http://images.snapfish.com/342%3B967523232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E232%3B%3D384%3D%3B77%3DXROQDF%3E2323687528574ot1lsi

thanks again DRZ forum, for a truely memorable 16 months. special thanks to burned and bronco78.

have him drop me a message if he wants to ride, I live in Red Bluff which is close to Chico...

bob, we're gonna miss ya. Good luck with the new bike and if you ever wanna ride down south look me up.

Brian :)

for the record, the bike had 4981 miles, 80% dirt, had some scracthes, but a long list of quality mods, including the full yosh pipe and all the TT recommended stuff, not the hot cams or base gasket. The last mod was the MCCT ironically :D

sold for $3900.00 bank balance was $3918.00

a good deal for both buyer and seller IMHO

Dusty if you're out there You are gonna love this BIKE!! :):p:)

I was reading on valve adjusments on the new huskies and I must say they have some great ideas. I really want to know how well your bike holds up. You will test it good if you ride it like you did the drz! Good luck and let me know if you decide to let the wolf play in so cal! :)

If the DRZ crew does not mind I will check in once in a blue moon and update on the reliabilty of my husky. I can tell you this I am a lot more hands on now then ever before. I enjoy wrenching more now then last year. I am trying to become more of a complete motorcyclist. ..example the husky has these little oil screens its fun to take those out and clean them, etc.

I will be riding it often, we'll see in six months and a year how it compares with the king of reliability the DRZ.

One note ,according to my husky guys, the bike comes well greased from the factory, No need to grease the steering stem. The bike has grease fittings at the shock swing mount pivots too. To be fair apparently the 05 plastic is brittle and known to explode :).......... oh well no bike is perfect. new plastic is in the pipeline.

Enjoy that nice bike... I brought my first Husky in 1983 (WR250) rode it till I got a new 87 wr250.. Old world tech at the time but rode the hell out of it.. Back in 1988 at the Delaware National Enduro, Team Husky was there.. They dominated the National and Internation Enduros back then... Terry Cunningham, Dick Burleson and Mike Melton were all there. I got to ride Melton's bike around alittle, it was trick for being "old world" back then...

430 Auto..... That was back when enduros were enduros and you hurt for days after the run.....

It's new world plastic. no need to wash your bike, the plastic falls off before it gets dirty. :p

The new owner just drove off with the DRZ. C ya guys. The DRZ forum is the best. :)

Stop by the husky forum sometime.....I'm all over that place. I'm driving em nuts with newbie questions and wild thumbs up emotional ride reports........ I hear the honda guys are glad I didn't buy red. :)

Stop by the husky forum sometime.....I'm all over that place. I'm driving em nuts with newbie questions and wild thumbs up emotional ride reports........ I hear the honda guys are glad I didn't buy red.

Those Honda guys don't know what they've missed :) Good luck Bob and please check in. I too had and old Husky once....430WR two-stroke garage door eating animal.............but alas, that's another story! :D:):p