Sign in to follow this  

Truck Campers

Does anyone have a Four Wheel brand pop-up camper on their truck?

I'm looking for good or bad input.

I'm looking for something that doesn't weigh too much and affect the truck's handleing. Looking for something that can be left on the truck during the week while my wife is driving it around running errands and stuff.

I've got a Lance camper now and looking to down size.

I used to have an 8 foot Palomino pop-up camper on a Ford F-250. It was a great set-up, and held up real well. My F-250 was a pretty stiff ride, but with the camper on it rode like a cadillac. :)

911rider, did you use yours in the winter/rain? Did yours have a heater and did it stay warm inside with the soft upper walls?

A friend of mine just got an A-LINE pop up camper for the back of his chev 1500. Kind of funky looking but he likes it and it folds down to the roofline.

Sorry I don't know the website but I'm sure if you do a search for A-LINE campers, you can find a dealer. They are built in western PA.

Ya, it did have a heater and did pretty well in the rain. I got caught in a pretty good rain storm up near Fort Bragg with my then girlfriend (now wife) and we stayed plenty warm and dry. It had a 3 burner stove, fridge and initially had a roof a/c that the previous owner had installed, but it made the raising the roof feel like a struggle and I was worried about the structural integrity of the unit so I took it off and just put on a vent. I really liked that set up, and I bought the thing for $1000 and sold it for $1200, so that was nice. I think the unit I had was a 1984 or 1986, and it was real solid. If you arent taking alot of people with you, and not staying too long, Pop-up style is real nice.