Sign in to follow this  

O/T Why are WR's green and DRZ's red?

I just noticed on the WR450F brochure it says its a green sticker bike. Why is the DRZ400E/K red sticker? Both have FCR's, right? Am I missing something? I don't live in CA, but I'm curious. How hard would it be to Dual Sport a WR? How would it compare to an "E"? I love my "S" and have an emotional attachment to the DRZ, and I know this is the DRZ forum, but I am curious what you guys think about it. :)

Forgive me if this has been covered to death already.

The "CA special" :) DRZ E models from 04 and up are green sticker thanks to the BSR36 carb. :)

Thats why you dont want a CA model E and why I bought an 03 leftover KLX400R. The WR has some junk on it to make it CA green sticker. So does the new CRF X models.

The "CA special" :) DRZ E models from 04 and up are green sticker thanks to the BSR36 carb. :)

So how did Blue get away with using the FCR in CA? Is the additional junk easy to remove?

So how did Blue get away with using the FCR in CA? Is the additional junk easy to remove?
I dont know but it was an intelligent decision.... My only guess is Suzuki decided to go with the BSR36 because they already had a design all ready to go that would bolt on from the S model.

I think it uses some air bypass thing like the Japan and UK DRZ. Letting air into the exhaust stream at the header or something related. Can anyone confirm this?

I dont know but it was an intelligent decision.... My only guess is Suzuki decided to go with the BSR36 because they already had a design all ready to go that would bolt on from the S model.

I think it uses some air bypass thing like the Japan and UK DRZ. Letting air into the exhaust stream at the header or something related. Can anyone confirm this?

Yea it dilutes the emissions readings and is common on cars in order to pass smog inspection, really has no effect on power from what I have read.

i think the yamaha is badly choked up with unwanted stuff that also limit it's true power output, that somehow, mean the emission requirement.