Sign in to follow this  

anyone used the 85 350 enduro computer?

I'm bidding on one, but the price is approaching a new Endurance computer. (TWENTY years later technology!!!)

I know they are like $500 new from a dealer now, but I just need a speedo, don't care about being original. Anyone had experience with both?

Would an old fashioned dial type be an easy swap out?

Dial type will work fine, you just have to rig a mount.

I'd love to have one of those enduro computers though.

I had an '85 XR350R enduro computer mounted on my XR250 for ISDEs. Back then the trailtech endurance wasn't around - given the choice today I would buy the trailtech. It is much less exposed and you can get a billet guard to wrap around it. Check out www.trailtech.net - a kit for the XR is $79.00. This includes sensors, etc. If you trash the unit itself in a crash, it is probably $40 to replace. And it has a ton more features.

- jeff

Dial type will work fine, you just have to rig a mount.

I'd love to have one of those enduro computers though.

Bids at $55 with 2 days left. I'm out. Going for the endurance, unless I see a dial type for cheap before that.

:)

I had an '85 XR350R enduro computer mounted on my XR250 for ISDEs. Back then the trailtech endurance wasn't around - given the choice today I would buy the trailtech. It is much less exposed and you can get a billet guard to wrap around it. Check out www.trailtech.net - a kit for the XR is $79.00. This includes sensors, etc. If you trash the unit itself in a crash, it is probably $40 to replace. And it has a ton more features.

- jeff

After looking at that (how did you get away with posting a linK?), the xr kits only go back to 95.

shoot, bicycle odometer for < $20

I'm a biker too and have several, they are much more lightweight in nature, skinny wires and mounting brackets, etc.

The Endurance started out as the Topeak Panoram bike computer, I had one 4 or 5 years ago. The wiring and mounting setup is much beefier on the End. now than any bicycle puter.

After looking at that (how did you get away with posting a linK?), the xr kits only go back to 95.

Given that your '85 XR350R enduro computer bolted right on to my 95 XR250R, I'd say that you are pretty safe in ordering the trailtech! :)

- jeff

If all you need is speedo, odo, avg. speed, and clock, the Cateye enduro is another bicycle speedo you might consider. You can order a special sensor mount that will strap to your forks easily!

Robert :)

Given that your '85 XR350R enduro computer bolted right on to my 95 XR250R, I'd say that you are pretty safe in ordering the trailtech! :)

- jeff

Beautiful............ why the H don't THEY figure this stuff out and LIST THEM. Dang..... :)