Sign in to follow this  

does anyone have grip heaters on their 250x?

I wired them into the headlight circuit so they are only on when the engine is running. Hook up to the green and the blue on the headlight plug. The stator only puts out about 40Watts, so I would unplug the headlight when using the grip heaters. I wired in another toggle switch so i can turn off the headlight.

I wired them into the headlight circuit so they are only on when the engine is running. Hook up to the green and the blue on the headlight plug. The stator only puts out about 40Watts, so I would unplug the headlight when using the grip heaters. I wired in another toggle switch so i can turn off the headlight.

So in other words 40 watts equals 3.4 amps.

I have heaters on my X. I cut into the headlite hot wire. I used the switch that came with the heaters to go from the lite to heaters. I didn't hook it up for low heat. I cut all that off. It's not worth messing with, because on the left side, you will just barely feel the heat. It really helps to wrap cloth tape around your bars before putting the heaters on, also. Now I need a heated seat.