Sign in to follow this  

Pipe choice for a RMZ250

Could anyone please give me there opinions on the choice of pipes for the 05 RMZ250? Which pipe is the best for the 05 RMZ250?

That looks like a real good pipe!

Are the Yoshi pipes good because i noticed broc hepler was using one of them?

I would like a pipe for outdoors more than supercross

I have a yoshi on my 2002 yz250f and love it. I have not ridden one on a rmz though. Just decided to try the FMF on the rmz and really like it also. Yoshi is a really good pipe. :)

over here in the uk there getting real touchy with aftermarket pipes and starting to do noise tests on them so the titanium pro c pipe i have bought with my bike sounds awesome and looks sick! may-be a problem in future when racing or practice tracks near houses so keep this in mind!!!

over here in the uk there getting real touchy with aftermarket pipes and starting to do noise tests on them so the titanium pro c pipe i have bought with my bike sounds awesome and looks sick! may-be a problem in future when racing or practice tracks near houses so keep this in mind!!!

I know! I think its because all those European exhaust like Akrapovic are so damn loud. I mean, those pipes are REALLY loud, its not neccesary.

Doug

Go with the Dr. D.....best system on the market... bar none. Picks power up everywhere and wins every shootout.. 42 pilot, 2 1/2 turns out (Dallas, Texas) and one up on the main and it runs perfect...starts so so easy....If you do not like it I will pay for it myself.....Procircuit would be my next choice..I have run both but the Dr. D works best overall...

The stocker ain't a bad pipe on this bike but if I were going to get a pipe, the Dr D. would probably be the one. Big bucks for that though. Noise is becoming a problem more and more. Some of the aftermarket pipes are way way loud. Whatever you choose, check the db ratings.

Who stated acropovich pipes were loud, These pipes arn't even in the same definition as loud as compared to our bikes with the yosh systems, they have a much deeper tone, We have an acro on my oldest sons bike and it flat hauls on top, but they are pricey.

Who stated acropovich pipes were loud, These pipes arn't even in the same definition as loud as compared to our bikes with the yosh systems, they have a much deeper tone, We have an acro on my oldest sons bike and it flat hauls on top, but they are pricey.

thank you, akropovic are actually pretty quiet.

pipes are nice, but you'll get more out of suspension tuning for dropping lap times, and for power, cams and a new ignition (vortex) will give you more output and is cheaper than exhaust....but i guess all the pretty boys don't think about that stuff. $.02

yoshimura tri-oval, and i hear that millsaps is running a new pipe yoshi came out with i dont know if it is just a rumor or what but on his bike it ididnt look like no tri oval.

Bill's Pipes - complete system also comes with removable spark arrestor screen and interchangeable end cap for sound reduction. We race with it open and the sound is level is comparable to stock, just a deeper sound. Performance was no change on bottom but improved mid to top over rev. Muffler fits stock header and also we have purchased the stainless head pipe. Good quality, reasonable price & performance! :)

www.billspipes.com