Sign in to follow this  

muscle groups to train?

Im wondering what muscle groups i shoould concentrate on. Currently I work every muscle group pretty evenly, and I would like to know what muscle groups are used the most. Currently my routine looks something like this:

day1-chest and tris (run to the gym, everyday)

2-back and bis

3-shoulders

4-legs

5-rest

6-start all over again

Right now im about 5'8", 165 lbs, i run a pretty steady 7 minute mile pace, I bench 170 x 12, and squat 185 x 10. I dont know what my max's are. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, oh yeah, im training cuz i would like to ride mx, previously i just play rode. Im a super solid rider, but I just dont have too many hrs on a track.

I would swap days 3 and 4 around to give your shoulders a chance to rest a little. Make sure you do a lot of core work and work on your flexibility too. The most important thing is to keep working your cardio. Guys like RC, CR, KW, etc... that are at the top of the sport are not supper strong but they are balanced with good strength and amazing cardio. It is counter productive to carry around 10 extra pounds of muscle mass and have a resting HR in the 70s. If you want to build more muscle, focus on back and legs.

Keep doing what you're doing, Cbus is right about giving your shoulders a break.Don't fall into the trap of concentrating on the "beach" muscles, the most important for riding are the legs and lower back. I see so many people at the gym who have massive upper bodies with chicken legs. Pathetic.

The No. 1 most important muscle is the heart. :)

I would push your heart more and try to run a faster pace.

Cardio endurance is key in riding moto. Sounds like you've got a healthy routine going for your workouts. Remember your legs control the bike, not your upper body! No need to bulk up.

Sounds like adding regular riding to your routine will help you decide what areas you want to focus on. Get out on the track/trails! :) and have fun!

Do a search for "NOS" I made a huge basic post on what to do, how to do it, etc. Asl made a diet post, and supplement post. :)

You never mentioned your abs. like the back, these "core" muscles and endurance are essential to training for MX. Other than that looks good

You never mentioned your abs. like the back, these "core" muscles and endurance are essential to training for MX. Other than that looks good

Who me?

:)