Sign in to follow this  

Must Have XR Mods/Upgrades?

My XR is all stock. I know certain things that need to be done (pull baffle and snorkel), Uni Filter, and some sort of new silencer when the cash allows for it.

My question is: what modifications have you done to your XR that, now that you have it, you would regard as a necessity for every XR?

My plan is to eventually add a Uni Filter, fender-mounted tool pack, TrailTech Enduro computer, skid plate, new silencer, etc. Which silencer and skid plate do you reccomend? Should I look into a steering stabilizer as well?

Thanks! :)

Definately get some barkbusters.

Why would you need a steering dampner for an XR? I've never had any problems.

Yep. Barkbusters are on the list, as are Renthal bars.

As for the damper: I dunno, that's why I was asking. Saw some folks on here used them and thought they might have some insight on them.

As for the silencer I have tried two header silencer set ups. First the white brothers and then the big gun. The big gun killed the white brothers so I sold the white brothers.

For woods or trail riding a cheap mod is a 14 tooth gear :)

Once you remove your baffle and do the air box mod jets are pretty darn cheap too if you do them yourself.

If you do the air filter mod (Gordon's free mods) you can take that $$ and put it to wards one of your other items to buy. I have done the mod and see no reason to buy a new filter.

As for your tool bag, I made a very nice one for $1.00. I bought it at the dollar tree. I will add a few pics to show how to do it.

A free mod is to die some of the white plastic black with rite die. I died the chain giude, rear brak clamps and the mud/rock gaurd infront of the rear tire.

Cost under two bucks :)

My xr today is nothing like it was stock (03) and I really enjoy woods riding with the new and improved bike.

Check out my garage here at thumper and see some of the mods I have added, each one serves it's purpose and have added to power and performance.

Enjoy your xr and have fun with your mods.

bag2.jpg

bag3.jpg

bag1.jpg

blackchain.jpg

yeah I know happens to me too if I don't oil after washing .........just couldnt resist :) .......you set yerself up for that one :p:)

yeah I know happens to me too if I don't oil after washing .........just couldnt resist :p .......you set yerself up for that one :):)

I had it coming

Gordon Mods and jet jet jet it...great stuff for low bucks. Just put a 426 kit in mine...not so low bucks, but I think I'm gonna like it.

The 426 kit cost as much as a muffler so keep that in mind. I just put my trailtech computer on tonight and Im going to test it out tomorrow. The trailtech has a light on it but it only stays on for like 5 secs. Thats kinda crappy but the rest of it seems cool.