Sign in to follow this  

Good suspension setup book??

I have a good understanding of the basics of suspension setup. I understand sag settings, trail and the basics of damping adjustment. What I'm looking for is a book that gives fairly a comprehensive discussion of suspension tuning. I'm looking for in an depth analysis of the complex interplay between suspension geometry, steering geometry, spring rates and damping (high and low speed) as well as the actual causes and cures of poor handling.

For example, I realize that increasing the shock HSC will increase the shock resistance to high shaft speeds in compression. I realize that this will increase the tendency for the rear of the bike to deflect off square edge hits at speed and will increase the average ride height of the rear, but what are the other implications? If I'm on a track with no sharp edge hits, what else do I use to assess where the HSC should be adjusted?

I'm aware of several web sites that go into the very basics, but I'd really like a book or even a video that goes into the details. Any suggestions?

I agree I would like to have a source of good info for suspension settings. I don't really understand what happens when you change settings and when you should change them.