Sign in to follow this  

XR 250 2000 infos needed before I buy ?

Hello everyone

I'm looking at this red bike that has been sitting on the dealer floor for the last 3 years. It seems to be in a rideable shape. From the first visual inspection the bike needs: brake pads, front tire, fork seals, front wheel bearings, chain sprocket assly. The rear tire is low quality but almost brand new. The dealer is asking me 3700.00 cdn $$$. :)

The bike would be perfect for my 14 year old/wife/friends. I already have an IT 175 1982 fully restored that my kid ride, but I'd like him to be on a 4 stroke and the reputation of the XR 250 is a reliable and smooth riding bike. With the addition of a third trail bike my wife could join us.

What are the items I should look for when inspecting the bike more closely ?

Are there any flaws that I should pay attention to ?

Any positive or negative comments on this particular bike ?

I mainly ride my wr but I'm sure I would enjoy the ride of the XR :)

Thanks for all your inputs, meantime I'll use the search function on the xr 250 to help me make up my mind. :p

Sylvain , it seems a bit high ,

i'll send you a Private mail, and list a few places where you can look near Montreal.

Also look on the fmsq.net site there may be stuff for sale , sales are dormant untill the bike show which is in a few more weeks.

stu

The xr250r is a great bike. But this price is way to high. Even if this bike was in perfect condition I would still think this is too high. I saw a 2001 in great shape that sold for 3000. I found 2003 xr400r for 4600 just like new (still not sold). Keep looking there out there. I forgot to mention I am in located in Moncton NB so the prices should be a little better for you in Quebec.