Sign in to follow this  

Holy crap!

Just got the tera-flex type 2 put on the back of the bike. Wow. It is LARGE :) :)

All the guys at the shop said "Dude, those are the biggest knobbies I've ever seen" :p

It's so wide, the chicken strips on the knobs are touching the swingarm on both sides in the front.

Getting it dirty tomorrow. I'll let you know how it works out.

I've got pictures too.

they hook up like mad and go through any type of terrain you though at it with almost no wear. they weigh a ton and you have to run really low air pressure in them because they are really stiff.

buy one, you'll like it.

How about on the road? I'm looking into them for next round too!

I rode nothing but them for years back when I was a much healthier human being. They are the damdest tire I ever had on a bike. I used to feel sorry for my buddies when I got a hole shot because regardless of the terrain it went flying back at them. They truly are the best hillclimb tires made. Pros only use them a few times then put a new one on. The rest of us mortals can use one for almost 2 years. They wear slowly but are not the hot setup for the street. Even if they are DOT. You be careful there they do squirm and rain makes it even worse. if you're looking for a tire to get you to the next trail on the road though you'd be hard pressed to find anything better. prairiedawg :D:):):p

I just got one yesterday but haven't mounted it yet. Is it possible to mount it yourself or would it be best to take it to the shop?

No doubt that tire is a bad mutha.......Only downfall I can find with it is in real tight single track. It's so hard to step the back end out, there's just total traction whereas a little give would be nice to smooth out the technical stuff a little bit. Also noticed, the tire did not seem to rob any HP, which was nice, I would recommend 14/47 sprocket setup though. It takes about 250 miles of abuse before it starts to look like a brand new, less inferior tire. The tire will slightly rub the swingarm and bang the exhaust can from time to time but not wreck either or. I thrashed it fairly hard on the road. When new you could roll on the throttle in 2nd and it would start to break lose. Once it was broke in, it had a nice predictable slide on the pavement. If you're fairly easy on your machine the tire will see 1500 miles no problem.

If you're fairly easy on your machine the tire will see 1500 miles no problem.

I have about that on my terraflex and the thing is just broke in it has almost all the tread , it just will not give up, last fall I did some riding through alot of volcanic rock and that did the most damage but I still have not ripped a lug off seems I tear one off every tire I own. :)

The last bike I really rode hard was my TT-600 Yamaha. I had an honest 2 years on the thing and still had plenty of tread left. This is one mean tough tire. it isn't my first choice for street traction but for everything else it sure is. I'm just tickled pink they still make them. I'll have a pair on my 01E by springtime. prairiedawg :):):p:D

Well, I got it dirty. I rode for about 6 hours in all kinds of conditions. I ran about 8 1/2 lbs of pressure in the tire. I don't really have anything but good things to say. The worst problem I had was that my new front tire didn't get here in time and the major traction on the back was making the front really skittish.

Couple of things I noticed:

Height: The tire makes the bike sit higher. Took a little getting used to.

Traction: The tire gets so much traction that you get used to having the rear end solidly stuck to the ground. When it does lose traction, it's a little disconcerting.

Wheelspin: If you're into wheelspin, this tire might not be the best for you. It's more likely to dig than spin. I pulled a few inadvertent wheelies when I was expecting it to spin.

Rocks: Good traction. Nothing unexpected.

Mud: Does very well. Had less wheelspin with this tire in the mud than any other I've tried.

Acceleration: Some people were worried the heavier tire might affect power. I didn't notice it at all.

Rubbing: No problem.

Nimbleness: The tire is definitely heavier than others. I could feel it a little when I went to quickly whip the rear end from one side to the other. I don't ride motocross, but I bet really fast riders won't like it.

Road: Didn't ride much pavement, but what little I did seemed comparable to the trakmaster II. Not quite as good on-road as the mt21.

Comparisons (bear in mind these are just my opinions and are worth exactly what you're paying for them :) ):

Tera-flex vs 756 : Tera-flex seems to get more traction. For my style of riding (slow, and I tend to lug it) I like the tera-flex better.

Tera-flex vs Trakmaster II: Tera-flex is much better in the dirt. It doesn't feel like it's going to slide sideways at any given moment like the trak-master always did.

Tera-flex vs MT21: Different ballpark. MT21 SUCKS in any kind of mud (IMHO).

Here's some pictures of our trip if anybody's interested:

Try this.

Aww. Boo Hiss! The links for the pics don't work! :)

Nice review though - thanks for the input! :)

Dont have a link but Phone # is 661-324-4773 to Mandhtires ask for John great guy total cost with shipping was about $85.00 :)

Great review, I might have to dump the Trak-Master and get one of those.

Great review, the links to the pictures didn't work though:smashpc: Man, just bought a pair of 606's didn't even mount them yet, Now I want these.!!, You guys are a bad influence :)

I put the tire on in the late summer early fall last year. I have 250 miles on it, and you really can't tell that I have even started to use the tire yet. I would guess that I have probably over 150 of them on the road and the rest in the dirt.

The tire was easy to put on and that was when it wasn't even that warm out, so the tire wasn't sitting in the sun to make it more flexable. I am running around 10 psi in the tire and was running the MT21 before that and the MT21 is a little better on the street but there is absolutely no comparison in the dirt. The Tera-Flex hooks on almost anything, and wasn't even that bad on rain/salt/sand covered streets last weekend.