Sign in to follow this  

Chain Question:

I have a Honda CRF 230 and the chain says on each link: DID 520 VD. I want to break the chain and insert a master link. Which master link should I get. does it have o-rings? Thanks.

We ride in the creeks and ponds a lot and need to take the chain off to clean it in kerosene and then soak it in oil too rid the chain of water that has worked it's way into the chain and start the rusting process. If you have any better suggestions, I'm willing to listen, Thanks

If you have any better suggestions, I'm willing to listen, Thanks
Kerosene and a brush to clean...

WD40(Water Displacement) to rid the water off the chain.

Yeah?

:)

i was thinkin about gettin one of the 3 sided grunged brushes or whatever theyre called. look like theyd work pretty good. Anybody got one?

Grundge Brush works pretty good. Be careful, WD-40 will also remove all your stock grease. (de-greaser)

Have phun

It will remove grease but it is sorta a grease in it's own.

anyways I just use some of the spray on belray chain lube with the foaming action!!! :)

should work then, dont spray that crap around ur hot engine, found out the hard way /w/ my friends ol' lawn mower.........story for another day....:):):D:D

dont use it to try to keep dirt off your header either...smokes like hell when it burns off :) I was tired of baked on dirt, i thought id try it :)

Ride_for_Red

Did you have any eyebrows left???

hahahahah, yea but all my right arm hair was gone, smelt reall REALLY bad too!!! hahahaha :)